Check-in time

supertop

We have booked a trip from Galveston on the Carnival Freedom and I was wondering about something. We have a check-in time of 11:00 to 11:30. What happens if we are in line before 11:30 but we don't get to the front of the line until after 11:30?t

Actually I think I am asking about arrival appointment time.

You won't even get into the "line" until your check in time. No one enters the building until the time on the boarding pass.

Edit: I totally misread your question. With staggered check in you can not arrive before your check in time but can arrive anytime after.

Edited by springs741

When I have cruised on Carnival, they checked my boarding pass for the earliest check-in time. Since your check-in time is 11:00 am, they will let you in any time after 11:00. You will go through security and stand in line to get checked in. Once you are checked in, you will go to a waiting area until your boarding number is called. The only time that matters on your boarding pass is the 11:00 am time.

We have booked a trip from Galveston on the Carnival Freedom and I was wondering about something. We have a check-in time of 11:00 to 11:30. What happens if we are in line before 11:30 but we don't get to the front of the line until after 11:30?t

You won't get in.

Your arrival appointment time is only the basis for you to enter the building to be able to begin the check-in process. You can arrive later, even at 1:00pm, but not earlier than your 11:00am time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You won't get in.

Wrong. You WILL get in. riclop needs to read OP. Yes, arrive any time after your check in time is fine. They won't turn you away. They are just making sure people don't come early. If they are FTTF, Platinum, Diamond, or in suites, then they can arrive earlier than their time.

When I have cruised on Carnival, they checked my boarding pass for the earliest check-in time. Since your check-in time is 11:00 am, they will let you in any time after 11:00. You will go through security and stand in line to get checked in. Once you are checked in, you will go to a waiting area until your boarding number is called. The only time that matters on your boarding pass is the 11:00 am time.

Thank you.

We're in a suite. Do I still need to choose a check-in time? Right now my boarding info says Priority. Will that change to an actual time? If so, does it matter?

Yes, you still need to choose a check-in time. Platinum/Diamond, FTTF and suites get Priority and can check in at any time but still need to choose a time. I know, it makes no sense but that's the way it's set up.