Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Oh, Pam!!! I've missed your voice. I almost spurted tea all over my "puter screen. Calling every time you moved a foot and then asking Anita if she was busy? Are you already primed so far in advance that you've already started contacting her? I'm sure that was an inside joke, but my brain made that connection. I'm weird. I know.

So, you don't have more or less port days, right? Just changed up the day from day 3 to day 6, right? 5 degree temperature change, right? sunny to rain, right? Talk a long calming breath. Add a light-weight hooded something in your purse/over your purse. Swap Day 3 and Day 6 columns in your spreadsheet. Maybe add one more downloaded book on the iPad/Nook. Go have a great time.

I may not have solved your situation, but that's how this innocent bystander would attempt to roll with the punches. Well, that and take another little happy pill LOL I can't remember anything these days, but it's happier place in my little world.

Pam, get a one month international calling & data plan for your phone before you go (otherwise your phone bill will be more than the cruise!). Debbie has it exactly right for changing your spreadsheet. Japan is lovely, take lots of pictures! Have fun, don't stress & get some melatonin! Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pam on my TA with endless sea days I took two yoga pants and three tops and it was plenty and I wore them a lot . I just pretended like I just came from the gym .Take a deep breath they do laundry on the ship or you can wash them in the sink .I have embarked at Canada Place and it was not slow at all . Lastly as long as you have some layers the weather can do whatever it does and you will be fine . Don't stress about the flight just roll with the free wine and movies .Have an awesome time ! This is a trip of a lifetime .

Pam, I hope you have a great cruise, and I vote for pictures of Japan (at the very least). We haven't seen very many pictures of you since the early EARTH days, and after all our chatting about style types and 12 seasons etc. I'm interested to see how your thoughts about clothing have changed (or not). I know you're not keen on posting photos but you could always take them down later.

Of course I had to look up acupressure for travel, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience.

http://www.golobphysicaltherapy.com/images/acupressure_for_jetlag_copy_of_print_version.pdf

Melody, beautiful photo, thank you for sharing. My poor garden has really suffered from inattention this summer in spite of being designed to tolerate benign neglect. For the first time I didn't plant any annuals this year.

Sea days... you lucky gal. I think I will close my eyes and have a virtual sea day right now.

I love sea days! Book on the balcony, wander around the ship. I concur with Sally on yoga pants & a couple of tops. Whoever invented yoga pants should win a Nobel prize! I don't know if you're a sweatshirt gal, but Athleta has the softest, cuddly sweatshirt (several colors) in different styles (wrap, pullover). I got the flyaway wrap one. They're on sale too. Melody

• 2 weeks later...

I posted something similar on the EARTH thread a few weeks ago. Here's the FIRE version that was released earlier today:

https://12blueprints.com/pantone-greenery-3-springs/

I'm a Light Spring and pretty positive Kim is a True Spring. I'm not sure about anyone else. I love both pairs of glasses!

It's very hard for me to find my light spring colors in Yang Gamine style, but when I get the color right, it makes my skin look like I have a healthy tan. I didn't understand all that "glowing skin" stuff. FINALLY!!! By jove! I think I've got it!!!

Debbie. I wear many of the Light Spring colors; lime & turquoise specifically. I'd love those glasses as sunglasses! I'd like to find that poncho! Lime & turquoise have the same effect on me, my eyes sparkle & my skin glows. Ah hah moment! Melody

Mom will be in her first Japan port later today, I think...where it is already tomorrow. She lost Friday...went to bed last Thursday and woke up to Saturday. She said it was really funny to see football scheduled for 5am Monday and realize that it was a Sunday afternoon game. And if anyone is wondering...their captain did a good job of avoiding the weather associated with the typhoon over there. She said, and I quote:

"We had some major rocking and rolling last night. Captain took us to those islands to hang out as a safe harbor from the tycoon. He sped up to race around the storm. Boy. We still experienced 100 knot winds, more than expected. Dad and I rode it out well. Neither of us has been affected by these stormy seas. We're good sailors according to the Captain. He didn't address us specifically, just all those onboard still drinking and dancing. 😂"

Debbie...I know that effect on your skin! That scarf was just amazing...and we could all see it. It makes me think how much fun it would be for us to have a retreat of some sort...and a bunch of scarves...and for everyone to be able to see the transformation that occurs when you see someone wearing THAT color...the one that is so incredibly transformative.

I do like that website...I haven't taken the time yet to explore over there...

Yay Pam! The typhoons in Asia make hurricanes look like a mild windstorm. Lived through 6 bad ones in our 3 years in Okinawa. We were glad we lived in a concrete block (including roof) house. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad Pam is ok and such a good sailor. I take meds two days before and two days after cruising to deal with the ookies my stomach tries to throw at me during calm seas. I don't think I'd be a good sailor. Can't wait to hear about the trip.

Yea, Melody!

Sally, how does it work when you don't take the cruise? Do you lose that money or are you able to pitch it forward on another cruise?

Inquiring minds---

Edited by aoknkentucky
the OCD in me.

The cruise line gave out cruise credits that we have until March 2019 to use .They did not want to but they made the local news so to save face they did it .The cruise still went but it was a mystery where they were going to and I had zero interest in going anywhere but Cuba so we will rebook for Cuba in 2018.

Debbie, I think DH is going to have to take meds on our next cruise. His tummy doesn't act up but on our last two cruises when we were really moving fast between ports a couple of times he got very achy and sleepy, almost like the flu, and missed dinner. He started feeling better as soon as we slowed down and got on land. Windstar was passing out Dramamine like candy but it made him super drowsy. So far, knock on wood, I am intrepid no matter the seas.

I had always thought seasickness meant nausea, but that isn't what he experienced.