Amsterdam lower promenade

contributor

We were fortunate enough to get an ideally located cabin on the lower promenade. A few months ago, we were were similarly fortunate enough to get the same kind of cabin, but we found that we had a less room in it than we would have liked because of a chair we didn't need.

If anyone on an Amsterdam Grand Voyage has ever had occasion to ask to have a chair removed from an ocean view cabin, we'd be grateful for any warning you can give us as to what kind of a reaction we're likely to get.

Thanks.

If you 'rent' a fridge, you have to put the chair somewhere else. If the beds are arranged as twins, that can be at the foot of one bed, but not so with a single/bed. We sorta made a "L" with the sofa. This works whichever wall the sofa is on, but would not work if you had a connecting door you wanted to be able to open.

I do know, your stewards will do anything they can to make you happy! May I suggest, should they spirit your chair away, that you invite them to bring it back a day before disembarkation day -- when they are very very busy getting ready for the new tenants.

We are doing our 1st WC on the Amsterdam in 2019 in an Ocean View on the Dolphin deck (concerned about sea sickness so booked the lowest middle cabin we could get). We do want to rent a fridge. The beds will be arranged as a double. Where would the fridge be placed? And will it occupy the only outlet?

We are doing our 1st WC on the Amsterdam in 2019 in an Ocean View on the Dolphin deck (concerned about sea sickness so booked the lowest middle cabin we could get). We do want to rent a fridge. The beds will be arranged as a double. Where would the fridge be placed? And will it occupy the only outlet?

There are two places where the fridge can go, each with their own pros & cons. You can have it in the little cubbyhole under the desk. It's out of the way, but interferes with sitting there to do your make-up (or any other reason to sit at the desk).

Or, you can have it placed up on the desk itself (assuming HAL hasn't moved the TV to there). But that would take up most of the available flat surface the desk is good for.

Yes, it will take up the outlet. You can bring a triple tap to get yourself a little extra juice. Also, bring an adaptor so you can use the 220 outlet with something that will operate on that.

I don't think the fridge would fit on the desk in an OV on the Lowerprom. The TV is on a riser/shelf over more than a third of the width and there is a bracket ab. 3" deep for paperwork/books on the back of the other third. The fridge I found photo of is deeper than the desk also, so picturing one ON the desk looks very unstable.

The answer is in the knee-bay of the desk, at least normally. I can't remember if the ship provided a "splitter" or if we used one I brought along. Just don't bring an extension or multi-plug with a surge protector -- it should be confiscated and if it were to slip through security, it would be a fire risk not only for your cabin but for the whole ship.

There is room in the kneebay (next to the fridge) for the trashbin or we had a 6-bottle wine tote next to ours, with the reds!