ms Oosterdam & ms Zaandam in Juneau September 19, 2017

Scrapnana

For the first time since the beginning weeks of the Juneau season, we will have two dam ships in port on a Tuesday. Oosterdam will be at the AS dock from 1300-2100 and Zaandam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Coral Princess at the FKL dock from 0600-2130, Norwegian Jewel at the AJ dock from 1400-2200, and Grand Princess will be tendering from 0800-2400.

Weather is forecast for morning clouds to partially clear in the afternoon with only a 10% chance of rain. High will be 60F/16C and low will be 45F/7C. Sunrise is at 6:34 am and sunset at 7:06 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Note: No HAL ships will be in Juneau on Wednesday. Of course, the weather forecast is for a sunny day with 0% chance of rain.

A crazy day. Luggage Forward should be here this afternoon to pick up my big bag. I also am expecting a delayed label for my shipment home from the Prinsendam. It was supposed to be here yesterday but tracking data currently has it "out for delivery". I'm going to try to make that trip before or after the Juneau arrival. Fog lifting pretty well.

Copper10-8 should be on the Oosterdam but will likely be out of sight at the gangway on arrival.

Roy

While Baltimore is on the Chesapeake Bay, we're about 130 miles inland from the ocean and Jose is supposed to remain about 100 miles out to sea. We may get a few breezes but no real wind or heavy rain.

Wish Luggage Forward would get here so I could check one thing off the "to do" list.

Roy

Oosterdam almost to Grand Island. UPS store just called and my tags for Luggage Forward back home are waiting for me. Except for a minute or two when the guy arrives to pick up my bag I can stay home and see the sail-in.

Roy