The Retreat.......

Gracie115

A search will get you a ton of info, including the prices.

Prior to boarding, you can only book the entire cruise. The price will vary by length of cruise. Once on board, you can book individual days, if available. The rate will vary if it is a sea day or port day. It is more expensive to book day by day.

To book in advance you need to call Ship's Services- 800-541-1576

Daily cabana rentals are only available if there are open cabanas that haven't been booked for the whole cruise. In the Caribbean, that's pretty rare in our experience.

You also pay for your cabana when you book it, so factor that into your equation.

No, the regular cabana price is for 2 people. And the family cabana price is for 4.

Beware, however, that the Family Retreat Cabana on the Koningsdam is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the ones on the NA, Westerdam and Eurodam. We booked it for a ten day cruise in March with our son and his wife and we could NOT all use it comfortably. Even the advertising literature says it contains FOUR loungers -- it does not and can not have four loungers in it. And, the price is the same as on the other ships. Do NOT pre-pay for the Family Retreat Cabana or you will be sorely disappointed!

For the life of us, we cannot understand how/why they made these cabanas so small on a brand new ship. The regular retreat cabanas are okay, even though they are a bit smaller than on the other ships. The table and chairs for dining inside the cabanas have been removed on the Koningsdam.

Because of the retreat cabanas on the K'dam, we will not be sailing on her again.

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI, we recently booked a retreat on the Koningsdam (to offset our inside cabin), and prices have gone up. For our January 2018, 11-night sailing, a retreat is $599 (up from $499 for 2016 and 2017).

PS: We know that the retreat cabanas are smaller and that they don't have a table or chairs, but we also know that our inside cabin is *also* smaller and doesn't have a table or a chair. :)

• Haha 1

I booked a retreat cabana through ships services for the duration of my upcoming 10 day cruise on ms Koningsdam. It was $499USD. I requested one of the non-side and non adjacent-to-family cabanas and they told me I am getting cabana 11. This was all arranged by phone about 10 days ago.

I booked a retreat cabana through ships services for the duration of my upcoming 10 day cruise on ms Koningsdam. It was $499USD. I requested one of the non-side and non adjacent-to-family cabanas and they told me I am getting cabana 11. This was all arranged by phone about 10 days ago.

Yes, unfortunately for us, 10 nights is the price break. Lucky us, we're on an 11-nighter. :rolleyes:

Beware, however, that the Family Retreat Cabana on the Koningsdam is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the ones on the NA, Westerdam and Eurodam. We booked it for a ten day cruise in March with our son and his wife and we could NOT all use it comfortably. Even the advertising literature says it contains FOUR loungers -- it does not and can not have four loungers in it. And, the price is the same as on the other ships. Do NOT pre-pay for the Family Retreat Cabana or you will be sorely disappointed!

For the life of us, we cannot understand how/why they made these cabanas so small on a brand new ship. The regular retreat cabanas are okay, even though they are a bit smaller than on the other ships. The table and chairs for dining inside the cabanas have been removed on the Koningsdam.

Because of the retreat cabanas on the K'dam, we will not be sailing on her again.

Hi! You say they don't have the table and two chairs in the regular cabanas on Koningsdam? Where do you have the lunch they bring you, or is that not done?

That's interesting that you were given the Cabana # already. Don't you usually receive your assignment once you board?

That's interesting that you were given the Cabana # already. Don't you usually receive your assignment once you board?

You are correct. However, like someone else wrote above one can request a range of or even a specific retreat cabana. Actually getting it is another thing though! They reply by email after checking with the ship.

The first time we did the cabana retreat we got bumped off to another one halfway though, because someone had requested ours (it was a B2B cruise). We were pretty outraged, but that's how we learned about requesting.

• 4 months later...
Hello Max Thrusters,

I have a quick question. We rented a retreat cabana on the Koningsdam. What do you mean by a non-side cabana?

I was told we could not get an assignment before boarding.

Thanks,

Heather

The cabanas on the port side and the starboard side have a floor to ceiling "plexiglass" wall/window overlooking the ocean. The Non-Side cabanas face the back of the ship and are open to the air. Sometimes the side cabanas can be hot if there is not enough air flow. On the other hand, the non-side cabanas can get pretty windy sometimes.