Quick, need help! 9548 or 8588 Jewel of Seas

woofgirl

We are going in December on Jewel of Seas. Have 8588 deluxe booked. It is on port side hump of ship with a bit larger balcony from the looks of it but room not as big as superior cabin. I can book 9548, a superior cabin if I take it in time. It is more forward and not centrally located. Balcony probably same size or smaller from the looks of it. Like the hump cabin idea of 8588 but like the deck 9 and superior cabin of 9548, just not the location. I don't like being too far forward because most of the time I go to the pools or windjammer. Oh, and 7172 on very corner aft is available but from the reviews not the best for noise below and size. Anyone been in these rooms? Let me know asap!

We are going in December on Jewel of Seas. Have 8588 deluxe booked. It is on port side hump of ship with a bit larger balcony from the looks of it but room not as big as superior cabin. I can book 9548, a superior cabin if I take it in time. It is more forward and not centrally located. Balcony probably same size or smaller from the looks of it. Like the hump cabin idea of 8588 but like the deck 9 and superior cabin of 9548, just not the location. I don't like being too far forward because most of the time I go to the pools or windjammer. Oh, and 7172 on very corner aft is available but from the reviews not the best for noise below and size. Anyone been in these rooms? Let me know asap!

If it were me, I would stick with 8588. We have not stayed in this cabin, however we had 8596 on the Brilliance and loved the hump and mid ship location. You should have a larger balcony on 8588. Maybe someone who has stayed in this cabin will chime in. :)

We have stayed in hump cabins 4 times, two of them on the Jewel, and loved them! We always try to book a hump cabin if possible because of the central location right near the stairs and elevators, and because they often have larger balconies. Just our preference....

8588, definitely.....when you board, stroll down to the equivilent of the other cabin...you'll be happy you don't have to make that trek everytime you come and go to your room!

Yes...the balcony will be deeper than a straight side balcony.

Do you want lots of sun? If so, I'd take 7172. If not, stick with 8588. I always find that the trek to the stern is worth it as soon as I see the wake of the ship, or the panoramic view of whatever port we're in. As for noise, the Safari Club is right below and is usually busy until about midnight. I haven't stayed in the cabin, so I don't know how much noise bleeds up, but if you stay up that late, it won't matter to you anyway. There isn't usually anything going on in the morning that would use the sound system.

Thanks all! All responses appreciated! Looking forward to time away from the store! Doggie store, ergo, Woofgirl.

The first people who design a ship for dogs to come onboard will be a billionaire!

I will keep 8588, the deluxe room then. I don't think 9548 being a superior room will make much of a difference. I think I will like being in the middle with a smaller room. And I think the view from 7172 would be fabulous but don't want to make that trek every day.

We stayed in a family room on same ship before and had all sorts of room!! With only two of us, but funny thing was shower was tiny still. We really didn't need all that room. My husband loves to have the space though so he can putt his golf balls. He spends more time in the room.??

I will take pictures and post. Going first of Dec.

Seriously....does it really matter which cabin you are in? How much time are you going to be there? If you're going to spend all your time in the cabin, then just get a cheap one on the inside. If you're not going to spend much time in the cabin, then it doesn't matte where it is.

Thanks all! All responses appreciated! Looking forward to time away from the store! Doggie store, ergo, Woofgirl.

The first people who design a ship for dogs to come onboard will be a billionaire!

I will keep 8588, the deluxe room then. I don't think 9548 being a superior room will make much of a difference. I think I will like being in the middle with a smaller room. And I think the view from 7172 would be fabulous but don't want to make that trek every day.

We stayed in a family room on same ship before and had all sorts of room!! With only two of us, but funny thing was shower was tiny still. We really didn't need all that room. My husband loves to have the space though so he can putt his golf balls. He spends more time in the room.??

I will take pictures and post. Going first of Dec.

Great choice! Enjoy! :D

Seriously....does it really matter which cabin you are in? How much time are you going to be there? If you're going to spend all your time in the cabin, then just get a cheap one on the inside. If you're not going to spend much time in the cabin, then it doesn't matte where it is.

Hi -- It matters very much to us where our cabin is. A mid ship hump balcony is the best location -- especially on this ship. We have cruised enough where we don't run around and try do everything anymore. For us, cruising is also about relaxation and enjoying being out to sea and spending time on our balcony. We wake up early, have our coffee out there in the morning, and we love watching the ship arrive into port. After a day in port, we look forward to getting back to our cabin and we usually relax with a glass of wine and and sushi as the ship leave the ports. On sea days we sit out and read and we watch the flying fish. We have seen dolphins, porpoise, and whales from our balcony. So for us, we would be unhappy with booking a cheap inside cabin because our cruising experience would not be the same.

Hi -- It matters very much to us where our cabin is. A mid ship hump balcony is the best location -- especially on this ship. We have cruised enough where we don't run around and try do everything anymore. For us, cruising is also about relaxation and enjoying being out to sea and spending time on our balcony. We wake up early, have our coffee out there in the morning, and we love watching the ship arrive into port. After a day in port, we look forward to getting back to our cabin and we usually relax with a glass of wine and and sushi as the ship leave the ports. On sea days we sit out and read and we watch the flying fish. We have seen dolphins, porpoise, and whales from our balcony. So for us, we would be unhappy with booking a cheap inside cabin because our cruising experience would not be the same.

I totally agree. We actually picked our upcoming cruise simply due to a corner aft cabin being available. We spend lots of time on our balcony relaxing, reading, having cocktails, eating snacks, playing cards/games, enjoying the moment, enjoying the view :)

But everyone is different. I have a sister who usually books an inside and has no problem with it at all, she is also able to cruise more frequently because of the $$ savings :)

But everyone is different. I have a sister who usually books an inside and has no problem with it at all, she is also able to cruise more frequently because of the $$ savings :)

Yup - and I totally agree -- we have friends that cruise in an inside cabin all the time and are happy with that.

Thanks fellow cruisers! Ya know, I used to think balcony wasn't that important because we spend little time out there, but there is something to be said as you all said, about being able to relax and have your coffee out on your own balcony instead of fighting the hoards on deck and being in your nightgown or ??. I also enjoy a cocktail or two out there before dinner etc. Yes, December! Wish I could go on a longer one but our business doesn't allow for that. One day! My mother is going on Oasis I think the week before Christmas and that should be fabulous! I have been on the Jewel before and really enjoyed the ship and we didn't really do many of the ship activities. Maybe we will play pool and check out Portofinos this time.

Any ideas for Mexico? We don't really like to do the tours etc. but usually get a taxi into town and have lunch.

Archived