Television channels

HvySeezFcstr

[emoji848]Funny how no one complained about CNN until the orange menace took over. [emoji57] the only news I watch on tv is the CBS in the morning. Norah is amazing, and Charlie is a great interviewer. I read more than I watch... And I use multiple sources to weed out opinions and find common facts. As for football, Don't count on seeing the NFL or CFS in your room while in Europe. Only (soccer) futbol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by superdoop81

One of the reasons HAL dropped CNN was that it was carried on terrestrial TV satellites and was not available in the middle of the ocean or far north(south) (caused a lot of complaints). FOX and MSNBC are carried on communications satellites and are usually available worldwide. ESPN and ESPN2 do drop out in the middle of the ocean as well.....

One of the reasons HAL dropped CNN was that it was carried on terrestrial TV satellites and was not available in the middle of the ocean or far north(south) (caused a lot of complaints). FOX and MSNBC are carried on communications satellites and are usually available worldwide. ESPN and ESPN2 do drop out in the middle of the ocean as well.....

I don't quesrtion you are correct but wonder how we saw CNN for many years on HAL ships. Did they change the satellite they now use?

The lack or presence of any live TV channel onboard is a matter of...... what else... $$$$. If you want to carry any major satellite channel, either in a bar, a hotel, a ship or any commercial establishment, unless you pay a cable TV system for it, you must pay carriage rights to the program supplier. When any TV network gets very popular, they start jacking up their carriage rates. CNN and CNNI have been missing from HAL for a while now. I'm thinking that they raised their carriage rate, and HAL told them where to stuff it !!

How many TAs did you go on?

None, but what does that have to do with the repeat itineraries I have done?. I saw CNN on those itineraries in the past but now cannot? did they switch satellite? I never mentioned TA. and only am referring to itineraries where CNN was available ,,,,,,,, for years