Dinning

opusX

Hi all . We are cruising on the Rotterdam 11/4. We asked for late or second seating, not anytime nor first seating. Just looked at our e docs and under dining it says Main. Questioned our TA about it and she says Main is second seating. We like fixed late seating with 6-8 people. We do not want first seating and don't particularly like anytime. So what time is Main?

Am I wrong, for years it seems main seating was early seating? Now it appears Main is late.

No, you weren't wrong.

I've noticed them changing the terminology a few times over the years, and it never phased me until I was assigned the open seating for some reason.

I stuck with the open to avoid the headaches of their latest play of semantics. :')

Enjoy your trip!

We first started cruising with HAL in 1996.

Through out the years the first fixed seating was always referred to as "early" seating. The times changed over the years. Originally for us it was 6 PM. Then it was changed to 5:45 and some ships now have it as 5:30. A while back someone mentioned that on their cruise -- I think it was an Alaskan cruise -- the early sitting was 5:15.

The late seating was always referred to as main dining. And their times changed over the years by ship and itinerary. Sometimes it was 8, sometimes 8:15 and sometimes 7:45.