A question for Copper10-8 or Himself about accomodation on board Westerdam

weselka

As the priest/chaplain on board, I know that my stateroom is in the staff/crew section of the ship. The stateroom aboard the Westerdam I have been assigned starts with "N" (which I know is an Interior stateroom) but it is followed by only 3 numbers, starting with "0". If the first number of the stateroom refers to the deck number (Main deck being "1", Lower Promenade is "2", etc.), does that mean that my room is on "A" deck? Just curious, as I'll be boarding the Westerdam in less than 2 weeks. To those who are sailing on the Adriatic and Mediterranean Dreams, safe travels to the ship and I'll see you soon.

Hello Father, you might be pleasantly surprised. While we haven't been on the Westerdam yet (we'll be joining you in 3 weeks!), when we were on the Oosterdam in February, we were on Deck 4 - the Upper Promenade. Just down the hall from our cabin were 3 inside and 3 obstructed outside cabins that had numbers beginning with N. I finally asked our cabin steward what the difference was, and he told me they were for entertainers or chaplains. Hopefully it's the same for you on the Westerdam!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

There are 6 cabins that are unidentified on the deck plans, three on the port side between 4088 and 4090, and three on the starboard side between 4087 and 4089. I believe you are in one of those. (I don't see any place on that deck that there could be inside entertainer/chaplain cabins that ger_77 mentioned, so I believe he is mis-remembering.)

There are 6 cabins that are unidentified on the deck plans, three on the port side between 4088 and 4090, and three on the starboard side between 4087 and 4089. I believe you are in one of those. (I don't see any place on that deck that there could be inside "entertainer" cabins that ger_77 mentioned, so I believe he is mis-remembering.)

Thank you, yes, I was thinking starboard side, not inside. You are correct. PS: I'm a she. ;-)

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Just and aside: I was on Amsterdam, so not a Vista Class ship, but near the tender platform on B deck was an inside room with a room number beginning with N; I recall seeing an entertainer coming out of that room. I wondered what the N meant, it didn't seem to have anything to do with deck designations.

Hope you have a peaceful cabin and a blessed voyage Fr. m--

There are 6 cabins that are unidentified on the deck plans, three on the port side between 4088 and 4090, and three on the starboard side between 4087 and 4089. I believe you are in one of those. (I don't see any place on that deck that there could be inside entertainer/chaplain cabins that ger_77 mentioned, so I believe he is mis-remembering.)

I am currently on the Westerdam. The cabins you mention are numbered UP001, UP003, & UP 003 on the Starboard side and UP002, UP004 & UP006 on the port side. UP=Upper Promanade, N=Navigation ???

Those cabins are used by entertainers, I have seen several go in and out.