Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

Thanks Grad UT. about how far did you have to walk after getting off bus 27 at Oceankaj; to cruise ship. Hope you don't mind me asking... but are you young and athletic... from your sign in name; you could be a new graduate from University Toronto; Canada. That's where I graduated from... but many many years ago. Wondering if you would suggest seniors (early ones... HA!) do it this way. Thanks

Thanks Grad UT. about how far did you have to walk after getting off bus 27 at Oceankaj; to cruise ship. Hope you don't mind me asking... but are you young and athletic... from your sign in name; you could be a new graduate from University Toronto; Canada. That's where I graduated from... but many many years ago. Wondering if you would suggest seniors (early ones... HA!) do it this way. Thanks

Terminal 1 (C331) is 50 meters or so, terminal 2 (C332) is around 2-300 meters and terminal 3 C333) probably 6-700 meters.

Look at my pictures on page 11 so you can judge the distance by yourself.

If the port schedules just says C330 its because the terminal isn't known yet because C330 is just the whole pier.

I also have a question--someone mentioned that there is a lot of stairs to climb and it was hard to do with luggage. Is this the case on these bus routes?

Its only by bus 27 from the Østerport, Sløjfen bus stop.

If you take bus 25 from Nørreport or the other Østerport bus stop there are elevators and escalators.

Again look at page 11.

If you found yourself at the regular Østerport bus stop and bus 25 isn't departing anymore (it only runs to about 16:00) you can catch the 26 bus and get off one stop further at Østerport station, Sløjfen from where you can catch the 27 bus.

I am beginning to think maybe we will try public transportation to the port. Rather than the planned cab. It sounds doable if we want to handle our luggage. And I've kind of figured out the route with map and D.V's great p.11 pictures.

We will be staying on Nyhavn, so we would go to the bus stop for 26.. Take that to the Oster -port station? Or the next bus stop if we want to avoid having to climb stairs with suitcases?

How much do the bus tickets cost? Do we buy on each bus?

Danish V. , thank you for all your help here on cc!! You are blessed with patience galore:D

I see that Danish Viking has already given you the distances from the bus stop to the various Terminals at Oceankaj. It was not a problem for us to walk this with our rolling suitcases.

BTW, I am fast approaching the big "6 -0" and while I do work out daily at the gym, I would not consider myself either "young" or "athletic". If you are a good walker, you can easily use public transportation and sightsee all through the Baltic countries. (I'm currently writing a thread about our DIY Baltic cruise which you might find helpful in planning your own.)

Thanks Grad UT; you are only as old as you feel and act and if you can do it; so can I; at 60! Where would I find the thread on your Baltic cruise?

Here's a link. It's here on the Northern European and Baltics board and is called, "Baltic Cruise -- Our DIY Tour (Except SPB)"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2237372

Many thanks to GradUT for all the DIY tips.

DanishViking: From what you say it seems that a way to Oceankaj from the airport is TRAIN to Osterport and on cruiseship days the 25 BUS from there as far as the cruise port/terminal. Correct? And there are escalators and elevator at Osterport station? If so, 36DKK is a lot better than a 350+DKK taxi so long as one has the time to wait for a bus.

SusanaMolinos

• 3 weeks later...

Yes its located behind the UNICEF warehouse, close to the lower buildings in that complex.

You can actually see a yellow city bus leaving from the bus stop, it will then turn right on Oceankaj and use the turning area/point and then get back to the bus stop (but now in direction of the city).

I apologize if this has been covered already... but can someone tell me how to get from Oceankaj to Christiana using public transportation? We dock at 7am and I figure nothing will be open early, so we may as well start our day in Christiania. We are happy to walk part of the way, so if we can just take bus 27, then 26 and then walk the rest of the way, that would be fine. I've looked at the movia website but am still unsure about the walking part.

We would like to see Christiana, then Nyhavn and Rosenborg Palace during our day in Copenhagen and would like to use buses/trams. Can someone help with a route?

Its very simple.

Take bus 25 to Nørreport, from here you take any of the eastbound metro lines, M1 for Vestamager or M2 for Lufthavnen.

Then you get off at Christianshavn and walk the final part.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Christianshavn+St.+(Metro)/Christiania,+Prinsessegade,+Copenhagen/@55.6729202,12.5922716,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533edabd88cd:0x34c2f0b3c2bf1d88!2m2!1d12.591385!2d55.672054!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533bd3190cc5:0x3554f6755dfabfb4!2m2!1d12.5983251!2d55.6736855!3e2

If you find yourself on the 27 bus you simply just change to bus 26 (towards Ålholm Plads) and get off at Kongens Nytorv and catch M1 or M2 from there.

When heading for Nyhavn you just take the metro back to Kongens Nytorv, Nyhavn is next door.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Nyhavn,+Copenhagen/Rosenborg+Castle/N%C3%B8rreport+St.,+Copenhagen/@55.6855382,12.5802512,17z/data=!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533cd7fbc8c3:0x42e5ef91044ebd38!2m2!1d12.591804!2d55.679209!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531b7398a7ff:0x383e5e965d0b5d39!2m2!1d12.5774171!2d55.6856841!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525305370af27f:0xdef60dfab68cef1a!2m2!1d12.5715059!2d55.6831194!3e2

Then you can walk back to Nørreport via Rosenborg and take bus 25 from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a post earlier (#301) about getting to Marriott on harbor from airport and then from Marriott to port and could not find an answer. It's confusing to follow the other answers not knowing the name of the area you are staying in. It's all Copenhagen to me.

Understand I can take the metro from the airport to near the Marriott and then walk the last bit. Which train # and do I need to leave from a certain airport terminal?

I also understand I eventually get to bus 25 or 27 to the port, but do I start out with a train from the Marriott?

Lastly, if I am arriving and departing from Marriott within 24 hours, is there a 24 hour ticket that I can obtain for both bus and train.

Have reread thread several times and remain confused because despite looking at the map, I still do not understand where the Marriott falls within all these helpful directions.

Thank you for helping me to understand and any help getting me to the Marriott harbor from the airport and to the port the next morning.

Are you sure it's post #301? I just re-read it and didn't see anything about the Marriott.

But anyway, here's some info which I hope will be helpful.

1. I assume this is the address for the Marriott Hotel where you plan to stay: Kalvebod Brygge 5, 1560 København V. This is not far from the central train station, also known as Kobenhavn H.

2. The easiest way to get from the airport to the hotel (i.e. fewest changes in modes of transportation), is to take any train going to the main train station. (You'll take a train, not Metro.) Then you can walk from the train station to your hotel--about a 12 minute walk.

3. If you want to know the specifics about this route, you can use the travel planner on the following website to plan your travel. Enter your departure as "Copenhagen Airport" and your arrival as "Kobenhavn H". (But really, all you need to know is that you take any train to Kobenhavn H and the cost is 36 DKK per person.) Here's the Rejseplanen website -- http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

4. If you want to see alternate routes that would shorten the walk, but involve more changes in transportation, you can enter the hotel's address instead of "Kobenhavn H".

5. To get from the hotel to Oceankaj, I would walk back to Kobenhavn H and take the S-tog (or S-train) to Osterport St. and then take Bus 27 or Bus 25 to Oceankaj. If you enter "Kobenhavn H" and "Oceankaj" on the Rejseplanen website above, you can see the routing, including a little map of the way to get from the S-tog stop at Osterport St. to the Bus 27/25 stop. (Click on "Show Route on Map" on the right where it says "Walk approx. 9 minutes") The cost for this ticket will be 24 DKK per person.

6. You can buy a 24-hour pass (for Zones 1 - 4, which is all you will need for airport/hotel/Oceankaj travel) for 80 DKK.

Looks like earlier post about Marriott was 302.

I am as good with numbers as I am with directions.

Thank you very much for the wonderful directions to and from the Marriott!!! I feel confident that we can do this now.

Safe travels to all!

• 2 months later...

We are probably 7-10 years out in the future but the metro company has updated their line map and look out at Oceankaj. :D

Krydstogtkaj means cruise pier.

M1 and M2 is in service since 2002 (Lergravsparken to the airport in 2007)

M3 opens in June 2019

M4 between København H and Østerport opens in June 2019

M4 between Østerport and Orientkaj opens in December 2019

M4 between København H and Ny Ellebjerg opens in 2022

M4 between Orientkaj and Oceankaj opens in ????

Metrokort-med-interchange-stationer-cmyk-stiplet-Oceankaj.jpg

Edited by Danish viking

We will arrive Copenhagen airport (CPH) around 2pm.

Our plan is buying the 24 hour Pass at CPH (80DKK) for each family member to cover transportation from the airport to our hotel (located near Københavns H station).

We then use this pass for tram/bus for the rest of the day.

My question is could we still use this pass the following morning to get us to the Oceankaj cruise port? We plan to take the train from Københavns H station to Nørreport then board the Bus 25 to Oceankaj.

Thank you for your help on this matter.

The 24-hour pass is good for 24 hours, so that means you can use it from the time your purchase it on Day 1 until that same time on Day 2. Since you are arriving at 2pm on Day 1 and will definitely be going to the ship before 2pm on Day 2, the pass should work fine for you.

The cost of your transportation from the airport to the area around the Central Station is 36 DKK pp. The cost of transportation from the Central Station to Oceankaj is 24 DKK pp. So, if you take one additional bus ride, the pass will pay for itself.

However, we (staying near Nyhavn) ended up walking everywhere and not taking buses, so we didn't buy the 24-hour pass and, instead, just paid for our two tickets saving 20 DKK pp. (That is an option if you don't think you'll be riding the bus during your stay in Copenhagen.)

• 1 month later...
We are probably 7-10 years out in the future but the metro company has updated their line map and look out at Oceankaj. :D

Krydstogtkaj means cruise pier.

M1 and M2 is in service since 2002 (Lergravsparken to the airport in 2007)

M3 opens in June 2019

M4 between København H and Østerport opens in June 2019

M4 between Østerport and Orientkaj opens in December 2019

M4 between København H and Ny Ellebjerg opens in 2022

M4 between Orientkaj and Oceankaj opens in ????

Metrokort-med-interchange-stationer-cmyk-stiplet-Oceankaj.jpg

This is off topic, but is it better to get Krones or Euros, or do most take US dollars?

Get krone.

There are ATMs all over Copenhagen where you can get krone (and this is the most cost-effective way to get them). None of the shops or restaurants we went into had prices in either euros or U.S. dollars. They might have accepted them, but it would have been at a very unfavorable exchange rate.