Best place to buy chocolate?

Where is the best place to buy chocolate in Norway? It can be just the over-the-counter candy bar! I will also be looking at some of the gourmet chocolate shops.😋 Thanks in advance!

Most shops will have a fairly similar selection if you're looking for Norwegian chocolate. The convenience stores like Narvesen, 7-11, Deli de Luca, etc will all have small bars. If you want more, you can usually find any of the bigger bars or the bags of mixed chocolates at most groceries (Meny, Rema 1000, Kiwi, ICA, Coop, Joker, etc).

If you'e calling in Oslo, there is a dedicated Freia shop on Karl Johans gate near the Grand Hotel that has an extensive selection including their higher-end products.

Is there a particular kind you're after?

(I highly recommend Freia's Walters Mandler bar with salted caramelized almond bits.)

Where is the best place to buy chocolate in Norway? It can be just the over-the-counter candy bar! I will also be looking at some of the gourmet chocolate shops.😋 Thanks in advance!

Depends where you are stopping but in Geiranger there is a small chocolate house making chocolate with local ingredients inside. Think brown cheese, local berries, aquvit or blue cheese etc.

The chocolate is called: Geiranger Sjokolade and the shop is located in an old boat house in the pedestrian street in Geiranger.

Thanks! I promised co-workers I would bring some back, so I would like a variety. Brown cheese could prove interesting!

The chocolate factory in Geiranger is brilliant every flavour you can imagine., but as with everything in Norway not cheap. 4 small bags of chocolate were about £35. Don't bother with the blue cheese flavour it was disgusting but the raspberry flavour & rocky road were awesome!

The chocolate factory in Geiranger is brilliant every flavour you can imagine., but as with everything in Norway not cheap. 4 small bags of chocolate were about £35. Don't bother with the blue cheese flavour it was disgusting but the raspberry flavour & rocky road were awesome!

We enjoyed lovely chocolate with salt and olives today.

Expensive, above average for sure but this is a handcraft so worth every single Krone.