New late check out process.

What do you think about it?

Other week on AOS they are offering you the option of staying on board till 3pm, your baggage goes as normal and you have to be out of the cabin at 9am(I think) but you get to use all the facilties and get lunch in WJ. Your sea pass gets closed but they somehow allow you to use debit/credit card till 3pm. Cost $35 each.

I think its a good idea as the last 2 cruises we did we had late flights and the trips we wanted to do on the last day were both cancelled so we ended up wasting hours at the airport. I guess it could end up very expensive if your a large party.

Other week on AOS they are offering you the option of staying on board till 3pm, your baggage goes as normal and you have to be out of the cabin at 9am(I think) but you get to use all the facilties and get lunch in WJ. Your sea pass gets closed but they somehow allow you to use debit/credit card till 3pm. Cost $35 each.

I think its a good idea as the last 2 cruises we did we had late flights and the trips we wanted to do on the last day were both cancelled so we ended up wasting hours at the airport. I guess it could end up very expensive if your a large party.

Sounds like an excellent idea!

is this available on all ships now? We also have a late flight and don't want to spend so much time at the airport. I would do it for 35.00.

My guess is that it is being done in San Juan, where sailings depart much later.

First On ....... Last Off !!! Right ??? Come on folks.... your cruise is 7 NIGHTS ..... not 8 days.

A charge for early boarding (anytime before 3:00) is next. I broke out the PLTAG crystal ball a year or so ago and predicted the early charge and the ensuing outrage here at CC.

Stay tuned........ :) :D

What would you do until 3? No place "to be"...no place to change clothes (if you were at the pool)....

I'd much rather just book an early flight home....I hate "hanging out" when the vacation is over!

I'd much rather just book an early flight home....I hate "hanging out" when the vacation is over!

Sometimes it is impossible to book an earlier flight.

Another option for hanging out is to buy a day pass at the airline's lounge. Delta offers this option for $25pp with an Amex card.

Staying on until 9:am...What's new about this..and why pay for it..I have yet to see anyone thrown overboard much before 10:00am....:D

Read the highlighted area in the OP's original post.

I agree, it's probably because AOS departs late from San Juan - can you just imagine the crowds in the WJ if a lot of people take advantage of this? It tends to be a mad house as it is with just the incoming passengers.

I doubt this will ever be done for USA departures, and in fact I am surprised if Puerto Rico allows it since it is a USA territory. I'm pretty sure USA immigration requires the ship be cleared before new passengers can board. Even those on back-to-back (B2B) cruises have to exit and reboard.

I doubt this will ever be done for USA departures, and in fact I am surprised if Puerto Rico allows it since it is a USA territory. I'm pretty sure USA immigration requires the ship be cleared before new passengers can board. Even those on back-to-back (B2B) cruises have to exit and reboard.

B2B doesn't always have to leave and re-board.

Someone reported it (late departure) was tried on the Mariner either earlier this year or late last year. Not on the repo from Canaveral to LA either. So it might be available in the U.S. in the future.

Right now, I have only seen info on cruises out of Spain.

B2B passenger's don't always have to exit & re-board in the US...I did a B2b in April on the Majesty & we did not... we met at Guest Services at 10:00 am & were given our new seapass cards...all we had to do was slip off anytime between 11-3 and have our new seapass pictures taken..

Staying on until 9:am...What's new about this..and why pay for it..I have yet to see anyone thrown overboard much before 10:00am....:D

Actually, the OP said that you were allowed to stay onboard until 3PM. You only had to be out of your cabin at 9AM..... So this is new.

B2B passenger's don't always have to exit & re-board in the US...I did a B2b in April on the Majesty & we did not... we met at Guest Services at 10:00 am & were given our new seapass cards...all we had to do was slip off anytime between 11-3 and have our new seapass pictures taken..

You're kidding! What the hell for? You look the same (maybe a few pounds heavier, haha). When I did my Majesty B2B Feb '09, I was given my new card at 10am and told, "Have fun." I had the whole ship to myself for an hour. I never had to leave. Which order did you do them in? I did 4/3.

I think it's a great idea.

We've just booked this for Venice. Our train to Paris doesn't leave until early evening so it will be nice to have the ship to ourselves for a while. It beats hanging round the train station all day :p

I think it sounds good. However, the Windjammer is a madhouse for lunch on embarcation day as it is. What would it be like with departing guests in there also. I guess that after our years of cruising I have come to the realization that on return to port the ship belongs to the incoming guests. I don't think I would want to be in their way. Hopefully, departing guests would be of the same mind set on the day that I am boarding to start my vacation.

Archived