Luggage tags

jobowl

For my recent b2b cruises, I checked in online and requested luggage tags. As I got closer to my sailing date, I called Celebrity. After waiting on hold too long, I was reassured that the tags would be sent to me. They never came. I stressed until somebody on cruise critics told me to have the porters at the pier tag my bags. It took a few seconds at the pier. My bags arrived very quickly. I agree that Celebrity's web site is a mess. Relax and don't worry about luggage tags. Don't waste your time trying to get them or print them yourself.

Before our recent cruises i requested them by post twice,never came !! as you hand your luggage to porterson dock they will write them for you and put them on !!To ask celebrity to do things beforehand is a waste of time,thank god once aboard they know exactly what they are doing !! which is more than you can say about Celebrity admin !!!!

Your best bet is to print them off from your 'Guest Ticket Booklet' that is available on the Celebrity website, or it is emailed to you. The luggage tag is on page 15 of the booklet. You only need to print that page as many times as needed.

We received ours almost two months after ordering and one day before our flight to the port. By then I had already printed them. Our other three Celebrity cruises we received them weeks in advance. It's nice to have them but it wasn't a big deal to us if we didn't.

I thought they would be mailed, but my travel agent said they had to be printed. This is for our trip on Eclipse on Feb. 21. She printed them for me because my computer died, and gave me plastic sleeves to hold them.

We are active travelling seniors and really dislike being nickeled and dimed to death, but such is travelling today. [emoji36]

We ordered tags 3 times online - nothing. We then called Captain's Club and they showed that the order had been received...finally got the tags 1 week prior to sailing. Like the others, I had already printed tags out..

...it is frustrating not knowing if the tags will arrive or not but at least there is the option to print the tags from the online docs or get tags at the pier.

I print them at home and insert into a clear cruise critic label holder. Any clear tag holder will work.

I have also seen people cover the printed ones with wide clear plastic packing tape and attach them directly to the bags. This makes them tougher.

We have also just shown the print out to the porters at the dock and they have attached a hand written tag.

I have always felt that the printed tags should work better for sorting but have never had problems getting the luggage either way.

I have not gotten tags by mail from any cruise line in years.

Just to post a different take on this. I've been on about 10 or 11 Celebrity cruises. Every one of them I've ordered the luggage tags from my reservation. Everyone of them I've received the tags within 7 days or so. The most recent being last month.

I'm either really lucky or some people really don't understand how the system works. Or maybe some of both.

When are Luggage tags issued? Are they mailed or do I print them? First time on Celebrity.

Approximately 45 days from your sail date. You can also call the Captains Club desk and request luggage tags or print them from your edocs. Simple. I rather do that than wait for a porter to do it.

I just completed my on line check-in for our May 13 cruise. It said that the luggage tags were not available at this time but should be available within 60 days of the sail date and to keep checking. I am going to assume that you made your final payment and have completed the on line check-in.. If you have done both of these and you're less than 60 days out i would call X and order them over the phone.

You can order over the phone or on line - the system by Celebrity is the same as those on the phone simply access your reservation. It is worth doing as they often arrive. If they don't then do not bother. Simply tell the porter your cabin number, WATCH THEM WRITE THE CORRECT NUMBER ON THE TAG(S), and get on board.

I give the online system one shot then move on.

FYI, we had the porters at Sydney put tags on our bags and we watched them attache them to the luggage. Our luggage got lost because somehow the tags came off.

The word of wisdom is to have personal luggage tags with your name some where on the luggage because they will attempt to cross reference those and get them to your room. We did not do this and we panic'd for a while until we finally found them off to the side at guest services.

Second word of wisdom never pack your drugs in your luggage even if your right there at the ship watching them process them.

FYI, we had the porters at Sydney put tags on our bags and we watched them attache them to the luggage. Our luggage got lost because somehow the tags came off.

The word of wisdom is to have personal luggage tags with your name some where on the luggage because they will attempt to cross reference those and get them to your room. We did not do this and we panic'd for a while until we finally found them off to the side at guest services.

Second word of wisdom never pack your drugs in your luggage even if your right there at the ship watching them process them.

I believe in if you want it done right do it yourself. Never had a luggage tags come off. Common sense is never to pack valuables or prescribed medicines in your luggage no matter your type of vacation.

Edited by davekathy