LIVE From the February 7th Eclipse

chamima

Well, not actually so far, I know it's a little early but I wanted future Eclipse cruisers to be able to post questions they might have for us.

I'm hoping this will be a "group" thread in that multiple people will post questions AND answers.

I just have one request - can we please, please, PLEASE try to keep this to questions and answers about the ship and her ports and not long diatribes about Celebrity policy - good or bad.

Karen

Thank you for starting this thread. I would like to know 1 - What fun things are people doing in the evening of the 1st day in Curacao and 2 - Confirm that the evening chic nights are the evening of the 1st and 4th sea days and 3 - Could someone ask the Event Coordinator if the Feb 7th sailing will have a 3rd evening chic night and is it for Valentine's Day? Thank you in advance.

Mary;)

Edited by Beba-Beba

Hi all this is jan sitting a room at Heathrow prior to flight tomorrow. We are on both the 24 sailing and the 7 Sailing so will try to keep posting as and where. Will land in Miami tomorrow at 2pm.

Updates to follow

Karen answers be short I promise!

HI Jan,

Looking forward to your observations! :)

I don't care how long the answers are - I just didn't want this to turn into another thread about the changes , etc.

I'm hoping we can all just share info.

Good luck on Sunday!!!! :D

Hi all its 6.13 and I am excited - transport coming at 11.30 as Miami Marathon day today. Dont care about changes Karen after a grotty winter just want to be onboard. Will post re formal evenings. will post re Curacao Mary later. :)

Hi all its 6.13 and I am excited - transport coming at 11.30 as Miami Marathon day today. Dont care about changes Karen after a grotty winter just want to be onboard. Will post re formal evenings. will post re Curacao Mary later. :)

BON VOYAGE Jan. Your waiting will be over soon.:) Some of us will be watching your sailaway and waving.

Mary;)

Mary I will be waving- however 40 flights cancelled out of Miami today so those poor people getting off are in for a shock- as long as they dont expect to stay in our cabin(lol) they dont expect the flights to be back to normal before Wednesday.

Mary I will be waving- however 40 flights cancelled out of Miami today so those poor people getting off are in for a shock- as long as they dont expect to stay in our cabin(lol) they dont expect the flights to be back to normal before Wednesday.

The Miami hotels will be swamped.

Someone posted yesterday that ships were sailing missing 400-500 passengers! :eek:

Hope it's smooth getting to the port around the Miami marathon!

The Miami hotels will be swamped.

Someone posted yesterday that ships were sailing missing 400-500 passengers!

The same happened back in 2013, when snow delayed flights. A couple on our table joined the cruise at Curacao, they spent 2 days in the Marriott in Williamstad waiting the ship's arrival all paid for by their travel insurance.

Watching the Port of Miami website. Bon Voyage. Take good care of our ship.

And watching he Bronco/NE game. Go Payton.

Will be watching the Eclipse sailaway.

Then later GO PANTHERS! (Since the Steelers are out, I have to go with the home state fellas.)

Edited by cruisinggranmama

If possible please check if 1) Vinod is still a waiter in Blu 2) Slobodan still In Murano... Thx

Vinod is "our guy" so that will be easy to check! :D

(I also hope he'll be there!)

Will also check about Slobodan - although we won't be eating in Murano.

My husband is a vegan and last time we ate there the chef thought a plate of steamed vegetables was an appropriate $50 meal for an adult male. :mad:

My husband is a vegan and last time we ate there the chef thought a plate of steamed vegetables was an appropriate $50 meal for an adult male. :mad:

Not to hijack the thread, my many years of cruising thus far have been as a vegetarian. A year ago this month I went vegan, we're on the Eclipse 2/21. Would love some insight/tips from your husband on how to be a successful vegan on a cruise! If he doesn't mind. If not, no worries.

A personal email I'm sure would be best... blaze consulting at bellsouth dot net. All one word.

Have a great trip!

Cyndi

I am sure that Slobodan was off ship in September/October last year.

Not to hijack the thread, my many years of cruising thus far have been as a vegetarian. A year ago this month I went vegan, we're on the Eclipse 2/21. Would love some insight/tips from your husband on how to be a successful vegan on a cruise! If he doesn't mind. If not, no worries.

A personal email I'm sure would be best... blaze consulting at bellsouth dot net. All one word.

Have a great trip!

Cyndi

There's nothing about how he manages that needs to be in a private email.

He makes a detailed list of what he can (in green) and can't (in red) eat.

We also book in Aqua class because we feel the smaller dining room can accommodate individual requests easier (although I do have to add that the best accommodations we've had have been on Princess in their MDR.)

We make several copies of that list for the Maitre D', dining room manager, waiter, etc.

He also can suggest things for them to make - he loves Indian and Indonesian food so it's basically what the crew eats minus the meat.

I'll post about how it's going this year.

We love Vinod !!

Well, not actually so far, I know it's a little early but I wanted future Eclipse cruisers to be able to post questions they might have for us.

I'm hoping this will be a "group" thread in that multiple people will post questions AND answers.

I just have one request - can we please, please, PLEASE try to keep this to questions and answers about the ship and her ports and not long diatribes about Celebrity policy - good or bad.

Looking forward to it.

Hi all

Onboard successfully Sunday

Access to room about 2 as embarkation took some time due the Police and Fire enforcing regs as to how many people could be in hall- so get here early- we couldnt because of Marathon.

V great.

We eat in Blu - meals fantastic.

Evening chic- 2 nd and next to last night. Havent managed to find out about valentines.

Not many tux/ djs. Most in MDR - I saw several penquins around martini bar but I expect that was because it was cold! No seriously I think its about. 30/70 and in blu much less. Ladies still dress very nicely and nice evening dresses not out of the way. But if youare in a large group like Mary and all the men are in DJs thats good.

Havent had any info re evenings in Curacao but I understand there are several nice bars and restaurants- I think Chester the concierge will give good info.

Been s busy not stopped - choir, trivia ,music trivia, receptions its all go- slot pull grat we lost 15 dollars each and got 1 dollar back each which we reinvested - zilch!

Very very very windy but warm on deck.

Entertainment last night the celebrity produced show Topper amazing and as good as any west end show I have seen!

Any questions let me know- aruba tomorrow.

Re vega s they are so helpful in Blu Iam sure if you have a list you will not have any problem.

The vibe on the ship is great Damien a greT CD - the choir 'master' is a really grea singer in the production team and he wants us to do a matinee in the theatre- we will see!

Thanks Jan

Can you find out if Vinod is is in Blu?

He's everyone's (including ours) favorite waiter.

If I understand you correctly you're saying you saw 30% in tuxes. That's probably the same percentage as last year.

Might be nice if nothing has really changed.

Looking forward to joining you on board!

Edited by chamima