First X Cruise:SILHOUETTE JAN 17 2016

Bimmer09

24521354061_8739b03df7_b.jpg

CITIZENS OF EARTH** -AHOY THERE!!

** Includes all Celebrity Board readers.

Hi, everyone! My name is Norris AKA Bimmer 09, resident of the Princess Board

and just returned from my first X cruise 10 minutes ago and itching (bed bugs? sand fleas?) to share my (our) experiences with you.

Here's the Personal Itinerary....

January 16th (DAY 1) Ft. Lauderdale to set up base camp and brief the Sherpas

23974893434_564dc40c26_b.jpg

January 17th (DAY 2) Join this fine vessel in Port Everglades

23974898484_c60a9fd6b6_b.jpg

January 18th (DAY 3) A Sea Day

24235702429_16c6b20813_b.jpg

January 19th (DAY 4) San Juan, Puerto Rico

23976244503_70f537cdee_b.jpg

January 20th (DAY 5) St. Kitts

24494713812_498a502745_b.jpg

I'll continue with the itinerary in the next post and give you an idea of what's ahead in the coming weeks. Yes- I said weeks. I write LONG REVIEWS....If you have Wheeties- eat them now.

Norris

Hi there, Norris! Been looking for this review to pop up. Can't wait to hear all about it. And to see all of your wonderful photos. We haven't sailed on Celebrity in over 20 years. We're Princess regulars like you. Very much looking to your thoughts on this cruise.

To all you X cruisers, be prepared for a wonderful (and looong) review. Norris is a legend over on the Princess Board.

John

Edited by Jasperdo

January 21st (DAY 6) St. Maarten

24576894476_8d11f356d9_b.jpg

January 22nd (DAY 7) A sea day

24235283209_f3bfc48a2d_b.jpg

January 23rd (DAY 8) Yep!- another sea day!

24235284559_d8b6f0c206_b.jpg

January 24th (DAY 9) We arrive back in Port Everglades, weeping.

23976256403_4cd9fab300_b.jpg

January 25th-that's TODAY (DAY 10) we return to Chicago.....

Norris

Hi there, Norris! Been looking for this review to pop up. Can't wait to hear all about it. And to see all of your wonderful photos. We haven't sailed on Celebrity in over 20 years. We're Princess regulars like you. Very much looking to your thoughts on this cruise.

To all you X cruisers, be prepared for a wonderful (and looong) review. Norris is a legend over on the Princess Board.

John

John-wow you found this fast!

Thanks for the kind words and for being first to respond there is a prize- 7 bedtime pillow chocolates with the X logo (uneaten!)

You just have to pay shipping and handling....

Great to see you here!!

Norris

Yay, love a nice long detailed review!

Hi! Thanks for responding.

I see in your signature that you sailed on the great SONG OF NORWAY...I did 44 cruises on her in 1986 as a drummer in the nightclub which closed at 3 a.m.

What fun!

Good to have you along.

Norris

Looking forward to your posts. Longtime Princess cruiser boarding my first X ship in 3 weeks.

Hi, Sox Fan. Thanks for stopping by.

Which ship in 3 weeks? If it's an S Class don't bother to pack any socks-they'll get knocked off on the first day.

Norris

Loving the pictures!! Just booked my first X cruise (Reflection) after Disney and RCCL, so I'm excited to get the perspective of someone who is new to X as well!

Stick with me then, over the next few weeks. There are about 1100 pics to come and some videos and lots of details and opinions.

Thanks for stopping by!

Norris

So excited to read your review! I will be doing this itinerary starting February 27.

Lesa

Thanks Lisa!

I should be finished by Feb 27th. My last Princess review took 42 days of writing but I had 2000 pics to babble about. That was the Med. The Caribbean is a nice sea but it's no Med.

I usually write something every day until it's done.

Norris

Also from Chicagoland and will be doing my first cruise with X on Connie in March.

Look forward to your review!

Jules the Connie was the first X ship that I took a shine to. You'll see later why I took the plunge and sailed on the Silhouette...

Norris, living in the LOOP

I have been watching & waiting for your review Norris!!!

I have thought of you often over the past several weeks! SO EXCITED to see the pictures!

Am thinking of X next winter.... We DID Regal over New Years- It was a nice ship. I know your feelings there. ;) SO... I am so excited to hear all about your trip!

Gabrielle

Also from the Chicago area, and boarding the silhouette for my first X cruise in six weeks ! Can't wait to read more.

You'll see so much of the Silly that you'll be able to wear a blindfold (or be blind drunk) and still find your way around. I covered the ship from top to bottom (using SCUBA and a gopro for that one).

I used 4 cameras in total....

Norris

I have been watching & waiting for your review Norris!!!

I have thought of you often over the past several weeks! SO EXCITED to see the pictures!

Am thinking of X next winter.... We DID Regal over New Years- It was a nice ship. I know your feelings there. ;) SO... I am so excited to hear all about your trip!

Gabrielle

Gabrielle, let the townspeople of the Princess Board know that I have taken temporary lodgings over here, if you can.

I started this review 10 minutes after putting down my suitcase and the cat (Little Snowy by name-not little at all but like a small white pony without a saddle) says she wants some attention. So much to do-so little time. I also need to eat at some point as I am now used to a vast number of meals per day.

Would I sail X again? You'll have to read to find out!

Norris

Ok, if you are not familiar with my reviews here's how they work (or don't depending on your expectations).

I write chronologically so every day is different and you see the progression of events/ports/excursions.

I photograph every meal that comes our way.

I record sail aways and entering ports.

I visit every room on the ship where I am allowed to be and take photos-most of this is done before the ship is awake. Rooms that I don't use on the ship will be shown in their entirety before moving on to the next. If you were on the Silhouette and saw the guy with the 7 lbs of camera bag on his shoulder before the sun came up-that was me and I probably said hello to you.

Some parts of the ship I visit everyday so that passengers think I work there. I have no qualms about accepting tips if you do.

I record and photograph all our excursions so that others can see what they look like and whether they are worth doing.

I photograph other ships in port as I am a boat nerd and son of a Ship's Captain.

I photograph the ship's art (not the Park West stuff)

I answer everyone who takes the time to respond and answer (and welcome) any questions.

I rely on the excellent notes taken by my constant companion Carol, whom you will meet during this review.

I am fair minded, but critical when I need to be. I defend a Cruise Line's right to make as much money as they can-Capitalism and Competition rule in my book but I am not fond of nickel and diming.

You'll see all this as we progress along this voyage and I hope you'll find the review interesting and informative.

Norris

Geesh, I just got started and it already ended! :D

Looking forward to more lively reviews and teaser pics (we're on sister Eclipse in 4 weeks), so this will have to do until then.

The Eclipse was in port with us twice-so there will be lots of pics of her. Also a video recording of some HORN BATTLES!

Stick around! (and welcome aboard)

Norris

Terrific! Norris, I've been thinking of you and Carol on your cruise the last week or so and waiting with baited breath for your review. :)

Gidday!

Great to see you again. I have some great pics ahead for you but as you know I do one day at a time and let the thing unfold.

I can't (but I can) wait to show you this amazing ship....

Norris