Celebrity Summit Secrets?

llarosa

We are about to take our first Celebrity cruise in April on the Summit. I'm wondering if any of you have that have already sailed Summit have hints or secrets about the ship that you wish you knew before you went?

Some of these are true for every Celebrity ship, but this is what I remember from the Summit -

The treats are free at Cafe Bacio, the aquaspa cafe is open to everyone and is a quick and tasty option for lunch, the burgers and fries at the pool grill are really really good, Revelations on deck 11 has a fabulous floor to ceiling view, there are some great treats including some kind of bread pudding most every afternoon in the buffet. I'd grab a plate and take it back to my balcony. Don't miss the solarium - it was one of our favorite spots. We also loved the oceanview bar at the back of the ship.

We're sailing again on the Summit in November - can't wait!

The Oceanview Cafe is very spread out and there are different things at different stations all along both sides. Keep walking all the way to the back.

If you are in Concierge class or above, I believe you won't see all the room service options available to you on the TV screen menu. Use the paper menu or place your order by phone. (That was our experience.)

Edited by schlimazel_traveler

Things we've learned about Summit...

Lots of great offerings in the Oceanview Buffet but timing matters as the offerings change as the day goes on... For the main breakfast hours head all the way to the aft and there you will find a station with several varieties of eggs benedict and one with freshly made waffles. Late afternoons around 5:30 the buffet will have some pretty great sushi! Really good hand scooped ice cream in the buffet as well! Fairly good pizza available into the late night hours. Good place to stop in on your way back to your cabin to grab a plate of cheese, crackers, olives, etc to nibble on while you relax in your cabin or get ready for dinner. Burgers and fries at the grill by the pool are also recommended. Go early or ask for a burger fresh from the grill!

If you have the classic beverage package and your drink is over the max allowed you will be billed for the entire cost of the drink. If you have the premium beverage package you are billed only the overage. The aft Oceanview Bar is a great place for sail away or to just unwind in the evenings.

Love the Summit and hope you enjoy your cruise!

Some of these are true for every Celebrity ship, but this is what I remember from the Summit -

The treats are free at Cafe Bacio, the aquaspa cafe is open to everyone and is a quick and tasty option for lunch, the burgers and fries at the pool grill are really really good, Revelations on deck 11 has a fabulous floor to ceiling view, there are some great treats including some kind of bread pudding most every afternoon in the buffet. I'd grab a plate and take it back to my balcony. Don't miss the solarium - it was one of our favorite spots. We also loved the oceanview bar at the back of the ship.

We're sailing again on the Summit in November - can't wait!

on

We're cruising on Summit 11/19/16! Looking forward to a relaxing Thanksgiving on board!

For the main breakfast hours head all the way to the aft and there you will find a station with several varieties of eggs benedict and one with freshly made waffles..

Well, that sounds pretty good. ;)

Well, that sounds pretty good. ;)
It's about time you finally found out about them.

You really should try them one of these days.

There is a regular poster on here who is the acknowledged expert on Celebrity's waffles.

He can answer all your questions about them and give you some good waffle tips.

Some guy from Texas, as I recall. ;)

The very aft station that has the waffles also has a cooked to order omelet/egg station that's is not as crowded as the others along the buffet sides.

If you have the classic or higher drinks package, visit Cafe al Bacio in the morning for your coffee instead of the buffet. You can get flavor syrups included. I like hazelnut or the liquor Tia Maria.

They also have to go cups with heat sleeves. So you can take them back to your cabin or up to the buffet. All the treats at Cafe al Bacio are FREE even without the liquor perk.

We found the atrium near the Aqua Spa Cafe a great place to land instead of the buffet on embarkation. The atrium's filtered sun felt great while the cafe had free tasty treats as we waited for our cabin to be ready.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

One of the best kept secrets is the "changing rooms" that are attached to the Solarium Pool area. These massive, massive rooms that feature lockers, multiple showers and an awesome Sauna! Especially on port days, if you are back on the ship early or never disembark, the Solarium area will be deserted until about 3pm. It's like having your own private baths for the better part of a day.