Izapa Mayan Ruins (Puerto Chiapas) vs La Campana (Manzanillo)

Ferndale Girl

We've only been to Izapa, so I can't help you with a comparison. But one thing that might factor in your plans is what you'd do otherwise. We thought Puerto Chiapas could easily have been skipped in favor of a sea day (i.e., not much else to do).

We were there in January during a Panama Canal cruise. I have a full description of our excursion in Puerto Chiapas (with photos, including of the ruins) starting at post number 59 in my detailed review thread, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456255

Enjoy whatever you decide!

We've only been to Izapa, so I can't help you with a comparison. But one thing that might factor in your plans is what you'd do otherwise. We thought Puerto Chiapas could easily have been skipped in favor of a sea day (i.e., not much else to do).

We were there in January during a Panama Canal cruise. I have a full description of our excursion in Puerto Chiapas (with photos, including of the ruins) starting at post number 59 in my detailed review thread, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456255

Enjoy whatever you decide!

I read your entire review. You took amazing photos...I guess it pays to have a good camera but you also need good photography skills which you obviously have! We have to do something so I guess we'll go on the tour. We are also planning on taking the Princess excursion "Antigua on your Own". It says we will be there five hours - I hope that isn't too long. Thank you.

I read your entire review. You took amazing photos...I guess it pays to have a good camera but you also need good photography skills which you obviously have! We have to do something so I guess we'll go on the tour. We are also planning on taking the Princess excursion "Antigua on your Own". It says we will be there five hours - I hope that isn't too long. Thank you.

Thank you for the kind words re my photos.

I have to smile at your "we have to do something so I guess we'll go on the tour," because that was exactly our mindset in booking it. :) In hindsight, my wife says it would have been better to stay on the ship. I'm not sure about that, I hate to stay on the ship in a new port.

We had four hours in Antigua. I think five will be excellent, you can feel more relaxed at lunch.

Have a great trip!