Celebrity Solstice

Mojo2489

There are several things that passengers do to try to minimize or eliminate wrinkles. (1) fold the item in the thin plastic bag it comes in from the dry cleaner. or some reason, it helps the garment stay pretty much wrinkle free. (2) Once in your cabin, take a couple of things with wrinkles, hang them in the bathroom and turn the shower on hot and shut the door for a few minutes. It steams the wrinkles out. DON'T hang them so close that they get wet. When you shut the water off, you should be able to smooth out the wrinkles. (3) Carry a travel size of Downey Wrinke Release. The stuff really works. (4) After a few days in front of the buffet and the diniing room, the extra pounds I gain seem to stretch the wrinkles right out. (4) Buy garments that don't wrinkle. I have, over the years, accumulated a lot of items that can be scrunched into a ball without wrinkling. They're made specifically for packing and traveling without wrinkling . I would NEVER carry linen. (5) If you have a garment that wrinkles that you feel you just have to carry, send it to be pressed on the ship. They do a great job. (6) Go with the flow. You'll see a lot of us with a few wrinkles. No worries. You're on a cruise.

• 2 months later...

I had the same worries before our Alaska cruise last May, then someone recommended Downy Wrinkle Release. Spray the garment the night before and hang it up. If the stubborn wrinkles persist, spray it again, and hang it in the bathroom during a shower. The steam will help release the wrinkles.

I never would have thought this would work, but I will not fret over not being able to take an iron again. I am a believer.

There are several things that passengers do to try to minimize or eliminate wrinkles. (1) fold the item in the thin plastic bag it comes in from the dry cleaner. or some reason, it helps the garment stay pretty much wrinkle free. (2) Once in your cabin, take a couple of things with wrinkles, hang them in the bathroom and turn the shower on hot and shut the door for a few minutes. It steams the wrinkles out. DON'T hang them so close that they get wet. When you shut the water off, you should be able to smooth out the wrinkles. (3) Carry a travel size of Downey Wrinke Release. The stuff really works. (4) After a few days in front of the buffet and the diniing room, the extra pounds I gain seem to stretch the wrinkles right out. (4) Buy garments that don't wrinkle. I have, over the years, accumulated a lot of items that can be scrunched into a ball without wrinkling. They're made specifically for packing and traveling without wrinkling . I would NEVER carry linen. (5) If you have a garment that wrinkles that you feel you just have to carry, send it to be pressed on the ship. They do a great job. (6) Go with the flow. You'll see a lot of us with a few wrinkles. No worries. You're on a cruise.

The first Number 4 works! :D