Summit cabin 3120, 3134 or 3144

LorraineP

Hi. My sisters and I had cabins 3120 and 3122 last year. We had no noise problems. The location is very convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you have any engine noise or vibration in 3120

Out of the 3 cabins mentioned in your thread title I would suggest 3134. As you know 3120 is a connecting room and 3144 is next to the ship food prep/storage areas and kitchens - that's the "white space" next to 3144. Have been on a galley tour and it is multi -levels under the main dining room.

We stayed in 3144 on Constellation for a transatlantic. It's a great cabin. 3142 and 3144 have their own private entrance. You need to use your seapass to enter the passageway for these two staterooms, or you can ask the cabin attendant to keep it unlocked so you only had to push or pull the door. We had friends in 3142, so it was not a problem. He used duct tape over the latch.

These two cabins were designed for a family similar to the S-Class where you had doors cordoned off in the passageway so you only had to enter one door to gain access to the alcove for the two connecting staterooms.

There are two storage closets in that area, one with a deep sink, that the attendants use, but we never heard any noise from them from our cabin.

As far as kitchen/food prep area, never knew or questioned what was in that area and never heard a peep from that area.

I consider either 3142 or 3144 as great cabins. You have no one wandering around in that area, and it is quiet and private.

Actually, the only stateroom in that entire area I would avoid would be 3140. Folks coming off the elevators and entering that passageway can see directly into the cabin if you are coming and going. It's not like walking down the passageway and having to look to either side -- you are looking directly into the stateroom when you enter the passageway.

We had 3124 (on Summit) last month. It was a connecting cabin. I have to say that we did NOT hear anything through that door!!! It was a total non-issue.

Loved the location and the window is huge! Lots of light. I enjoyed sitting and watching the water go by on sea days. The table was under the window, with the beds next to the bathroom. I would book any of those cabins along that corridor again, with no hesitation.