Ladies....what do you carry onboard?

Hsmama

I'm thinking about purse choices for a cruise next week,it's AK,so not spending all day swimming,etc probably. What do ladies prefer to carry around onboard with them? A purse? what is needed onboard at any given time? Or just leave everything in the room,and carry just the ship pass/key card? I know I'll want my camera with me all the time,other than that I'm stuck deciding what I need to bring. For excursion days I'm using my daypack, same for traveling thru airports,I use the daypack as my purse.-thanks!

Since you won't be wearing a bathing suit most likely. I'd wouldn't find it necessary to carry anything onboard. All you'll need is your room key/ sign&sail card and your camera. Stick your card in a pocket or wear on a lanyard and your set for the day.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

I take a small wristlet that can hold my cellphone (use it for pictures), seapass card, chapstick/lipstick and some 1's so I can tip the bartenders (if I choose to). Put that in my beach bag as well so everything is contained in one spot vs. floating around in my bag. Small so it can fit in my lap or on the dining table/bar w/o taking up too much space.

I got many, many years a small light weight purse that I use everyday on the ship and going ashore. I keep my ID card, medications for DH (takes them 5 times a day), kleenex in my purse.

When we go shore, DH takes a back pack which holds my camera, portable umbrellas if it looks like rain and if we are going on a tour -- water bottles.

For non-port seadays I carry a small purse with novel, water bottle, sunscreen, chapstick, sunglasses and tissue pack in addition to my ship card.

On port day outings hubby has backpack so carries my items.

I bought a small canvas bag with 4 zipped pockets and a shoulder strap, on board one ship. The deepest pocket is just large enough for a Kindle; the smaller ones hold tissues, sea card, chap stick. It's light and washable, and very handy.

Unfortunately it has the ship's name on, so I don't like to take it on different lines, but I've found a similar one on Amazon, so I'm prepared for my next new line.

oh yeah..... I forgot about my book...... I've never done this before, but I'm assuming I'll need my camera and/or book at all times on board...well except while eating! I may need to bring my purse after all and just wear it all the time for that

I usually carry a cloth tote bag over my shoulder. It holds my Kindle, camera, a bit of needlework for when we are waiting for shows to start, or whiling away time on sea days. It's large enough for a shawl for drafty places. My key card is always in my pocket unless I don't have one (formal nights) and then it is often in my bra. EM

I wear a lanyard I got on Amazon with the cruise card on it and that's it. It's liberating not having to carry a purse! That's all my husband brings too. Got his lanyard on board. We had to get guest services to punch a hole in our cards which they were happy to do. On excursions I bring a purse for passports (to get them stamped) and cash, or a waterproof pouch for around my neck if I will be in water. I also wear my dsl camera around my neck if I will be taking photos.

I carry a cross-body small purse when going on shore. I know several women mentioned carrying tissue and thought I would tell you why I ALWAYS carry tissue in a small zip-lock sandwich bag. FAR too many times, we've gone to a restroom in the Caribbean and in Europe to find that the tissue roller is empty. In some ports, we've also encountered someone inside the restroom that issues you two (yes TWO) squares of tissue as you enter the bathroom and even one where they charged me a quarter for two squares of tissue. I threw caution to the wind and paid for $1 worth of squares. At a garden in Europe (can't remember the town) there was no tissue in the only restroom we encountered. I had a couple of packs of tissue and gave it out to the people who were coming out asking if anyone had tissues. I could have sold them for a lot more than a quarter.I carry my seapass card on a lanyard down inside my shirt, and in my purse I carry my driver's license, a credit card, cash in small denominations, some change (again, some restrooms require you pay to use the restroom), some individually wrapped sanitary wipees and my cell-phone. If it's a shopping day or shopping might be involved, I carry a small silky bag that zips into a small square and unzips into a bag that I can carry some of my purchases in over my shoulder. Depending on where I'm going, i might carry my bug spray. For a beach day, I toss my cross-body purse inside my beach bag along with a towel and a book, sunscreen, a baseball hat for the sun and a small hairbrush.

I carry a very small purse, that will fit my comb, tissues, lipstick, etc....you don't want to have to go back to the cabin for "touch ups"! That's where my key is, too.

Off ship, if we aren't going to the beach, I bring my regular purse, wallet, etc...just like I take when I go anywhere !

I have a small purse (vera bradly) light weight about 6"x4" holds glasses camera or phone comb hair is always blowing all over Tried doing just a lanyard but I am never happy with it if your spouse is like mine the more room in my purse the more junk of his I get stuck with

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take a small wristlet that can hold my cellphone (use it for pictures), seapass card, chapstick/lipstick and some 1's so I can tip the bartenders (if I choose to). Put that in my beach bag as well so everything is contained in one spot vs. floating around in my bag. Small so it can fit in my lap or on the dining table/bar w/o taking up too much space.

This is me exactly.

Another vote for lanyard only. I will hang my readers on the lanyard and besides that I rarely need anything often enough to carry it around. If I think I will need something I'll put it in a pocket. I do have a very small wallet on a string/little purse if it was really needed. But, I like the feeling of not carrying anything. Which is kind of weird cuz onshore (and even at home) I carry stuff like I think I'm traveling the far reaches of the world and just might need that one thing and there aren't going to be any stores, anywhere, ever again.

I guess the difference on a ship, it's all so close that if I need anything I'll just pop back to the cabin.

I have a large tote for in port shopping that I bring on board as my carry on with my meds and wine. I also have a smaller pouch from Thailand for my on board wandering to hold the sunglasses case, Kleenex, pen and seapass.

Sent from my iPad using Forums