Seattle Airport

Ladytee47

Hello

We are coming into Seattle airport for our June Alaska cruise. Can anyone tell me the price of the taxi from the airport to downtown? We are staying one block from the space needle and we wanted to get a estimate on how much it would cost. Also I heard about the train from the airport to downtown! Is this better then taking a taxi or will I get confused if I try this? Thanks in advance.

Ladytee

Hello

We are coming into Seattle airport for our June Alaska cruise. Can anyone tell me the price of the taxi from the airport to downtown? We are staying one block from the space needle and we wanted to get a estimate on how much it would cost. Also I heard about the train from the airport to downtown! Is this better then taking a taxi or will I get confused if I try this? Thanks in advance.

Ladytee

Took me about 10 seconds at most to find this site by typing "Seattle Taxi Fare" into Google.

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Seattle

DON

we are flying into Seattle on thursday for our cruise on Friday. I booked with shuttleexpress

for a total of $108, they are taking us from airport to our hotel, next day hotel to pier, at end of cruise, pier to airport

that is total cost for the two of us

Last week I got off a ship at the Seattle port and took a taxi to a hotel near Seatac. The cab ride with a tip was $57. The ship wanted $52 for a transfer to the airport and the cab took me direct to the hotel front door.

Hope this helps.

When in Seattle we always use EastsideforHire, http://eastsideforhire.net/. This is a flat rate taxi which is always cheaper than a regular taxi. You can check the cost on their website. We just call them and they then call back with their location and taxi number so you can find them.

I understand that they have won the contract for the airport so I would call them to verify how to get a flat rate at the airport. When I talked with them last year, they said that you just request either a flat rate taxi or a metered taxi.

We have never had a single issue with this company and have never waited more than 5 minutes for them to come.

Don, you must be a pleasure to be with on a cruise

I just can't figure out why people go to the effort of typing a message onto CC and then having to log back into CC to see if their question has been answered when they could get their answer by typing 4 or 5 words into Google. Some Google searches can be difficult but most are astonishingly easy.

DON

Heads up - last two times I've been to Seattle (within the last two years) it has taken close to 2 hours to get through airport security...and this was NOT for an international flight.

I don't know how things are looking in Seattle now, but I would look into it to make sure you have ample time for your return flight home.

I always arrive to places early, but if I had not had that extra warning I don't think I would've made my flight for the first time in my life.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The light rail to downtown is cheap and comfortable. You can switch to the monorail at the Westlake centre (runs every 15 mins). From the Space Needle you will be up for a 10-15 minute walk to even the closest hotels but it's a nice area. We stayed in Queen Anne earlier this year and all up it was about 90 minutes from the airport to our hotel.

You could also grab a taxi from Westlake instead of the monorail which would be quicker and more convenient. In heavy tourist times I would probably give the monorail a miss.

Heads up - last two times I've been to Seattle (within the last two years) it has taken close to 2 hours to get through airport security...and this was NOT for an international flight.

I don't know how things are looking in Seattle now, but I would look into it to make sure you have ample time for your return flight home.

I flew in and out of Seattle in January and the security was quick and efficient, and that was just after the incident in Fort Lauderdale so security was tight. Nowhere near 2 hours but it was a fairly quiet time of year. However it's always best to err on the side of caution.

I flew in and out of Seattle in January and the security was quick and efficient, and that was just after the incident in Fort Lauderdale so security was tight. Nowhere near 2 hours but it was a fairly quiet time of year. However it's always best to err on the side of caution.

Last time for me was May 2016.

I just can't figure out why people go to the effort of typing a message onto CC and then having to log back into CC to see if their question has been answered when they could get their answer by typing 4 or 5 words into Google. Some Google searches can be difficult but most are astonishingly easy.

DON

Don

Is not the purpose of the boards for people to ask specific questions and get answer without having to go through hundreds of sites on the internet. I have google for info and find that I get sites that have no info on my questions. I appreciate that people are willing to take the time to give their advice to my questions. Some questions may be stupid to you, but people wouldn't post if they really didn't need an answer. Really very rude of you. You took the time to log back into CC to see if anyone responded to your post, so why jump on the OP.

Thank you Roxie, Don was very rude!! Roxie I signed up for the SuperShuttle like you said, great deal!! :)

Pizzalady, I looked into eastsideforhire but they did not go to my location, really strange because I am staying across from the space needle! Oh well I got a great deal.

Thanks again

Ladytee

My wife and I take the light rail into Seattle every time we visit. We stay 2 blocks away from Westlake Center, so carrying luggage is easy. For a cruise, we take a cab to the cruise port. I'm not sure if there is a fee for the rail now, but it was free the last time we used it. It is about a 30 min ride. From the train, you can see how congested I 5 is. I agree with the person who suggested to take a cab from Westlake to your hotel near the needle. It would be cheaper and potentially quicker depending how bad traffic is when you arrive.

• 3 months later...

We are cruising in September. Due to job restraints we are risking flying into Seattle arriving at noon the day of cruise. In past 5 cruises we arrived a day or two prior. Has anyone done this? Also how is Uber to pier compared to taxi?

We are cruising in September. Due to job restraints we are risking flying into Seattle arriving at noon the day of cruise. In past 5 cruises we arrived a day or two prior. Has anyone done this? Also how is Uber to pier compared to taxi?

Yikes, I'd be concerned. Does your ship depart at 4 pm? We stayed at a hotel near the airport the night before and we used Uber to get to Pier 91. I think it took us about 45 minutes. Then, there was a ridiculous backup of cars and taxis trying to drop people off at the pier, we sat for a good 15 minutes before the driver finally just advised us to get out and walk the rest of the way.

If you absolutely must arrive day of, I'd make sure you take only carryon bags so you don't have to deal with baggage claim. It's certainly doable, just hope that your plane doesn't get delayed.

I fly in and out of Seattle a couple of times a month. The train is good if you're going to be near a station - the cruise ports are not very near, though. The train is $3 and takes a bit less than an hour to downtown.

Driving is usually only about half an hour to or from downtown, but if traffic is bad it can be much worse. Lyft and Uber are cheaper than taxis and in my experience more convenient. From baggage claim go out to the parking garage and go down one level. There are signs for "rideshare" and "TNC" directing you to their pickup areas, which are just past the taxi areas. Lyft is usually about $25 to downtown, so probably about $30 to the cruise ports unless there is a congestion charge.

You can combine the two - train to downtown Westlake station and then Lyft or Uber. I wouldn't count on finding a taxi at Westlake, though there are hotels within a block that will have them.

Security at the airport for departures can have long lines, but I believe it is fairly fast. I use PreCheck, which takes up to 5 or 10 minutes, and Clear, which takes no time at all.

By the way, when driving to the airport the arrivals road is often backed way up, and getting to the drop off can take a long time. In that case ask to be dropped off at departures, which is rarely backed up. You then take the escalator up two flights to the check in desks from there.

Hello

Ladytee

I flew into Seattle last week and took a transport shared van, it cost $32 plus tip. to down town. There are a zillion transport vehicles at the airport. Call for an uber or lyft , they cost less than the cabs.

Took a lyft coming back and it was about the same price.

If we are not in a hurry, we prefer to take the Shuttle Express Downtown Airporter (for $18 per person directly from airport to downtown Seattle hotel) instead of a taxi.

No advance planning or reservation needed.

We just show up whenever we get there.

Here is a link:

Seattle Downtown Airporter: Taxi Service Alternative from SeaTac

One tip we found helpful: If we are staying at a smaller hotel that is not on their hotel list, we map it and it is almost always right next to, or across the street from a hotel that is on their list.

In a way, riding in one of their vehicles, like the one shown in the above link, is almost like a sightseeing tour because you are seated higher up with better views than from a taxi or car.

I fly in and out of Seattle a couple of times a month. The train is good if you're going to be near a station - the cruise ports are not very near, though. The train is $3 and takes a bit less than an hour to downtown.

Driving is usually only about half an hour to or from downtown, but if traffic is bad it can be much worse. Lyft and Uber are cheaper than taxis and in my experience more convenient. From baggage claim go out to the parking garage and go down one level. There are signs for "rideshare" and "TNC" directing you to their pickup areas, which are just past the taxi areas. Lyft is usually about $25 to downtown, so probably about $30 to the cruise ports unless there is a congestion charge.

You can combine the two - train to downtown Westlake station and then Lyft or Uber. I wouldn't count on finding a taxi at Westlake, though there are hotels within a block that will have them.

Security at the airport for departures can have long lines, but I believe it is fairly fast. I use PreCheck, which takes up to 5 or 10 minutes, and Clear, which takes no time at all.

By the way, when driving to the airport the arrivals road is often backed way up, and getting to the drop off can take a long time. In that case ask to be dropped off at departures, which is rarely backed up. You then take the escalator up two flights to the check in desks from there.

The surest and fastest is the train to or from Westlake and Uber to or from there. You miss most of the freeway traffic and the long backup of traffic of people going to the airport.

Took me about 10 seconds at most to find this site by typing "Seattle Taxi Fare" into Google.

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Seattle

DON

But then you miss all the fun, puns and camaraderie of Cruise Critic.....

Ladytee47, if you decide to book the Space Needle to dine then go just pre dusk...then you get day light views pre dining and night time views as you finish...

When in Seattle we always use EastsideforHire, http://eastsideforhire.net/. This is a flat rate taxi which is always cheaper than a regular taxi. You can check the cost on their website. We just call them and they then call back with their location and taxi number so you can find them.

I understand that they have won the contract for the airport so I would call them to verify how to get a flat rate at the airport. When I talked with them last year, they said that you just request either a flat rate taxi or a metered taxi.

We have never had a single issue with this company and have never waited more than 5 minutes for them to come.

Do you call them after you land? We are landing at noon Sept 8 for Solstice leaving at 4. Need to be checked in by 3. The website is messy. I put in request for reservation but no response back yet. Did you call and request flat rate?