Cabin decorations

Des1996

For my 40th birthday I went on a cruise with a friend. She left some decorations with a note under her pillow for the cabin steward to put up while we were out. It was a wonderful surprise to come back to the cabin that afternoon to birthday decorations : )

We bought the birthday package for our granddaughter’s 12th birthday. NCL put it up before we boarded, regardless of the actual birthday. And by the time it really was her birthday the cake was all dried out. Not worth $30.00.

I like KarenMF’s idea much better!

I did the anniversary package two years ago on PofAL. Balloons, a banner, a sign on the door and a cake as I recall. Good surprise for the wife so I made some points. Value is a toss up. Not sure what to do next anniversary on SPIRIT.

Our TA had our cabin decorated when we arrived last year on NCL Jewel. Anniversary sign, balloons all over the ceiling (stayed up all week even with the slider open), garland. There was a cake waiting in the room as well with plates, forks & napkins. It was covered so we put in in the refrigerator and enjoyed it later in the week. It was very fresh.

NCLJewel2006.jpg.8594d5d4097ac74767bacad8982057cb.jpg

I did the decoration package on RCI. While it was exciting to enter a fully decorated cabin, the decorations got annoying after a couple of days. I'd probably do it for a child, but not for an adult. I'd look into something else for them.

For my 40th birthday I went on a cruise with a friend. She left some decorations with a note under her pillow for the cabin steward to put up while we were out. It was a wonderful surprise to come back to the cabin that afternoon to birthday decorations : )

Happy Birthday Karen! We are going on the Majesty on July 29th for my nieces 21st birthday. Can you let me know how everything goes?

Thanks

Archived