Lawson's excursion in Progreso

Crooznmama96

Has anyone ever done an excursion through Lawson's Original Yucatan Excursions? Just wanting some feedback on your experiences before I think about booking anything. The cenote tour looks interesting, but we are traveling with our kids and I don't want any surprises!

If you check on Trip Advisor on the Yucatan Forum, you will find several positive reviews for Lawson's tours. Use TA's search feature. I think there are several positive reviews on CC from earlier this year. Again try using the "Search Cruise Critic" box at the top of this page.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from our cruise and we booked a private tour with Lawson's. They were super great. You'll have to ride the free bus to town and then walk over to the Bus terminal-about a block). The tour guide was excellent, we went to Uxmal. We stopped along the way for paletas (popsicles). They gave us a private tour of Uxmal. When we got back to the van (they had snacks and drinks ready for us-best guacamole ever!) They also handed us iced down wash clothes that were infused with peppermint oil, so we could freshen up-this was soooo nice. Then, we decided to go to a cenote-and we were able to swim for about 30 minutes. This was simply amazing. They were able to drive us all the way back to the pier on the way back. I highly recommend them, no complaints at all.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
We just got back from our cruise and we booked a private tour with Lawson's. They were super great. You'll have to ride the free bus to town and then walk over to the Bus terminal-about a block). The tour guide was excellent, we went to Uxmal. We stopped along the way for paletas (popsicles). They gave us a private tour of Uxmal. When we got back to the van (they had snacks and drinks ready for us-best guacamole ever!) They also handed us iced down wash clothes that were infused with peppermint oil, so we could freshen up-this was soooo nice. Then, we decided to go to a cenote-and we were able to swim for about 30 minutes. This was simply amazing. They were able to drive us all the way back to the pier on the way back. I highly recommend them, no complaints at all.

What was the rate for the tour? I looked on their website and didn't see rates....I also emailed but haven't heard back yet, but I'm sure I will soon.

I just contacted them too hoping get to hear back before we leave on Friday. I looked up another Yucaton eco adventure tour but they were a bit out if our price range though it looked like an awesome tour. This is the first I've heard of Lawsons.

Oh man! They quoted me $110pp for the 3rd with the Canadian exchange at .40 on the $ that just wasn't do able. I booked the auto Progresso Uxmal tour. Enjoy your day!

Maybe it depends on the size of your group? We have 8 in our group. Are y'all on the same cruise as us? Carnival Fantasy from Mobile?

We are in M179. Traveling with our kids - daughters 22' date=' 19, and sons both 16, as well as my husbands parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by KeithKayla

• 2 years later...
On 10/4/2015 at 10:39 PM, sarahbeth476 said:

Hey, Sarahbeth476 - I’m hoping you are still active on the CC boards.  I saw Memphis under your name, and I’m sitting in Germantown typing this right now.

If you have any negatives to share about working with Lawson’s, will you please let me know.  We have never been to Progreso, so hesitant to book outside of the Carnival excursions.