Jicky Marine for half-day of fishing

2reddy2cruise

Has anyone used Jicky Marine for any service whether it be fishing, sunset or swim sails, snorkeling, etc.? We would like to hear about your experience with them or any feedback regarding them. We will be visiting St Barts on an Azamara cruise in March and are researching opportunities now. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

They are very real. They are one of three or four boat rental or chartering companies in Saint Barth. I think the list is:

- Jicky Marine Service

- Master Ski Pilou

- Ocean Must

- Top Loc

Not all of them provide all services, i.e. some are more focused on the higher end private charters, some on snorkeling cruises. Check their web sites.

You may want to steer clear of Master Ski Pilou. One of their captains on a charter speed boat rammed a sailboat at Fourchue Island a couple of months back (he apparently was checking his iphone while on autopilot on his way to Saint Martin). Sank the boat, injured several and killed at least one, a school teacher in Saint Barth that was celebrating her birthday on a rental sailboat. Word on the island is that they were known to be reckless, not respecting speed limit in the harbor for example. Anyway, this is all word of mouth. This is in front of the French judiciary now.

Thank you for the additional info. Sorry to hear about the tragedy and that there are such foolish and careless people piloting watercraft (similar to the ones causing accidents while driving their cars and even pedestrians walking into traffic and windows, etc.). I always wonder what could possibly be so important that they can't stop somewhere safely and check messages/calls without risking injury to themselves and all those around them. We'll check out the outfits you mentioned - much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

If you are arriving by cruise ship, please be aware that Jicky Marine requires full payment in advance and will not refund if the ship does not port there due to weather. I would not recommend hem due to this, as it is a tender port.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I check back infrequently because this thread is a bit slow. As there has been no interest from fellow Azamara cruisers for fishing on our day in this port, we have given up on the idea (unwilling to pay what the private charter for two would cost). Thank you for this additional info, though. I am sure we will have a nice visit there no matter what we choose to do.

My wife and I were booked on Jicky Marine in St. Barthelemy with six friends for a half-day catamaran trip in November, 2015. We were required to pay for this reservation in full in advance. Unfortunately, weather conditions made it impossible for our cruise ship to tender in to port in St Bart’s. Our ship’s captain announced this only hours before we were to reach port, so we were unable to notify Jicky in advance. Nevertheless, Jicky Marine repeatedly refused to refund our fees.

Jicky Marine’s policy of not providing even a partial refund especially when conditions beyond our control prevented us from reaching port is entirely irrational. I sincerely recommend that you avoid booking events with Jicky Marine in view of their unreasonable business practices.

We, too, were shocked to learn that Jicky Marine has a no refund policy for any reason if you cancel 48 hours or less prior to sailing with them. Our ship, too, was unable to safely tender and Jicky is now some $900 richer and had the day off!!!

We have cruised over 45 times, always with private excursions, and this is the first time we have had to pay IN FULL IN ADVANCE with absolutely no refund if the cruise ship determines it is not safe to tender their passengers to shore.

Oh, well....

Edited by BabySis
spelling