Tabyana Beach Break

Raxter54

We are looking at maybe booking the Tabyana Beach Break excursion thru Carnival. But - there are 4 cruise ships docked at Roatan that day (3 Feb 2016) and I was wondering how busy Tabyana might be. It looks like a better beach that Mahogany Bay with more things to do, and better snorkeling. Any ideas or suggestions from the more learned cruisers on CC?

We did this excursion thru Carnival about two years ago. We are booked for next September and plan on going back to Tabyana. I was hoping Carnival still offered this.

For me it was my best snorkeling experience I have ever had. I would suggest this to anyone. One day maybe I can do a land vacation there, so I could snorkel as long as I wish!

We were pleased with the Tabyana Breach Break.

Also have really enjoyed taking a catamaran sail to the Barrier Reef (2nd Largest in the world).

While Mahogany Bay is very convenient and a decent enough beach, it is NOT

at all good for snorkeling. Still, it makes a nice Beach Day.

LuLu

Thanks for all the input. Pretty sure we are going to do this. Now....I'm hoping Carnival will list it for purchase. It's not showing up on the excursion page for my cruise. I only found it by doing the 'Explore>Shore Excursions>Browse By Location' on the Carnival website. Hopefully it will become available soon...

Thanks for all the input. Pretty sure we are going to do this. Now....I'm hoping Carnival will list it for purchase. It's not showing up on the excursion page for my cruise. I only found it by doing the 'Explore>Shore Excursions>Browse By Location' on the Carnival website. Hopefully it will become available soon...

We have always just taken a cab to West Beach and then set up there for the day. When you get on the beach, walk as far as you can to the left of the beach and that is Tabyana. Tabyana is just a roped off section of West Beach that is for the use of excursion guests only. You pay FAR more for this and it just includes a hot dog with most ship excursions. Go by cab and you can purchase food at any of the restraunts on the beach for far less and have lobster or conch. The best snorkeling on West Beach is the Tabyana area, but you are permitted to go into the water at the roped off area and then swim in the coral in front of Tabyana beach. You just cannot access the land area of Tabyana.

We have always just taken a cab to West Beach and then set up there for the day. When you get on the beach, walk as far as you can to the left of the beach and that is Tabyana. Tabyana is just a roped off section of West Beach that is for the use of excursion guests only. You pay FAR more for this and it just includes a hot dog with most ship excursions. Go by cab and you can purchase food at any of the restraunts on the beach for far less and have lobster or conch. The best snorkeling on West Beach is the Tabyana area, but you are permitted to go into the water at the roped off area and then swim in the coral in front of Tabyana beach. You just cannot access the land area of Tabyana.

I think you are short selling the Tabyana Break just a bit. It also is not at the end of West BAY Beach. Tabyana sits between Infinity and Grand Roatan. The resorts are getting more and more finicky about who and where random people are. If you can find a bit of sand and not get run off sure, do that but of what a holiday makers wants is a relaxing excursion, I recommended paying a day fee.

Yes, the beach is free but the loungers. potties and shade are all payable. If one's party wants steps from there lounger easy access to reef snorkeling Tabyana is the answer.

This thread has maps and pics, everything anyone would ever want to know about snorkling West Bay.

We have done Tabyana beach break twice thru Carnival, last time in 2013, loved every minute of our stay. They have lockers, showers, snorkeling gear, etc. We have our own gear.

Food was not on my mind, I just wanted to snorkel as long as I could! lol

Did have to stop long enough to get my traditional Monkey La La, yummy!

Can't wait to go back next September on the Magic!

Has anyone taken this excursion recently? I saw another post where someone said Princess no longer offers it. And it's not offered on my upcoming November Carnival cruise. Did Princess, Carnival, and their sister companies stop offering this?

If it's not offered, what's the best way to do it on your own? Obviously, take a taxi to West Bay Beach, but then what? Head to a particular hotel beach & rent loungers? Which beach is closest to the awesome snorkeling?

Thanks cruisers.

Has anyone taken this excursion recently? I saw another post where someone said Princess no longer offers it. And it's not offered on my upcoming November Carnival cruise. Did Princess, Carnival, and their sister companies stop offering this?

If it's not offered, what's the best way to do it on your own? Obviously, take a taxi to West Bay Beach, but then what? Head to a particular hotel beach & rent loungers? Which beach is closest to the awesome snorkeling?

Thanks cruisers.

One can do it on their own but taxi prices are not regulated so prices can be high. I believe the most cost effective way is to book transport and day pass with Bananarama. One would have to walk down to the boat free reef snorkeling. Infinity Bay Resort shares a property line with Tabyana, they offer limited expensive day passes.

The Tabyana part of West Bay Beach is the easy access snorkeling. This thread has maps, pics and whatnot info about snorkeling West Bay.

Edited by Guest 2000

That may be the way for me too next September. Either way I Have to snorkel there. Hopefully one day I will be able to do a fly in vacation to west bay!

When we heard that some major airlines were flying non stop into Roatan from Miami, we immediately booked a week at Infinity Bay, right next to the great snorkeling at Tabyana.

We liked it so much we returned for another week this past May. If you book directly with Infinity through their web site, you can get daily breakfast and airport transfers included. For dinner, we just strolled the West Bay beach checking out the various beach front restaurants for local food: Bite on the Beach, BOHO, Foster's, Beachers, etc.

I was looking at this too, it is so on my bucket list. We live in Georgia, guess we could drive to Miami. Did you book through Infinity? Did you bring your own snorkeling gear?

It sounds like a dream come true!

We have been there though Carnival's beach break two times, but there is just not enough time.

We are booked on the Magic for next September and hope to go there again. But to have a whole week, that would be heaven!

Thank you so much for this information!

I was looking at this too, it is so on my bucket list. We live in Georgia, guess we could drive to Miami. Did you book through Infinity? Did you bring your own snorkeling gear?

It sounds like a dream come true!

We have been there though Carnival's beach break two times, but there is just not enough time.

We are booked on the Magic for next September and hope to go there again. But to have a whole week, that would be heaven!

Thank you so much for this information!

One might do a bit of research of booking directly with Infinity or booking accommodation an Infinity condo though VRBO.

I would imagine Infinity Divers would rent you snorkle gear but I would not use another person's tooth brush, you can bet I would not use public snorkle gear in a third world county.

There are direct flights thru Atlanta on Delta and Houston on United. There are times of year when the flights are limited. Click through Google Flights to check out the possibilities when you wish to go.

There are plenty of other places on West Bay Beach and just off the beach to stay as well.

Thank you so much for the tips, I will do some more homework. I have plenty of time, I am retired and would have to save up some serious money before doing this. Right now I just have to be content doing the cruise ship thing. We do have our own gear, so the thing to do is just bring our mask and snorkels and leave our fins at home and rent some.

But, staying somewhere that is walkable to the snorkeling area would be a plus.

Wish I could just move there!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...