Best Beach in Cozumel?

xxdance8chikxx

Best for singles? :confused:

Best for families with young kids? :confused:

Best for snorkeling? :confused:

Best for good food/drinks/service? :confused:

Best for all-inclusive? Water toys? :confused:

Give us a few more details if you expect to get useful advice.

I would like to know this as well. We will have a 19 month old with us so looking for something with a nice beach, food, chairs with shade/umbrellas and snorkeling would be a bonus.

We've always gone to Dzul Ha (Money Bar) on our other trips to Cozumel which meets most of the criteria above except for the part with the 19th month old. Since there's not a sloped beach there it may be a little dangerous with a little one.

Edited by BeachChica

With a little one like that I would suggest Paradise Beach - great facilities, lots of chairs and shade, nice beach, HUGE pool, good food, drinks & service. $3 admission plus extra for water toys, etc. Taxi each way will run about $17 - bring your own car seat and tip the driver extra for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seat.

Some ships run an excursion to Playa Mia - great for little ones (kiddie water park), several versions of the AI package to choose from, and the ship should provide transport as part of the tour.

I would like to know this as well. We will have a 19 month old with us so looking for something with a nice beach, food, chairs with shade/umbrellas and snorkeling would be a bonus.

We've always gone to Dzul Ha (Money Bar) on our other trips to Cozumel which meets most of the criteria above except for the part with the 19th month old. Since there's not a sloped beach there it may be a little dangerous with a little one.

Double post!

Edited by c-leg5

Unfortunately you will probably dock in town on Norwegian Star and so you will need transport to any beaches, (and therefore car seat, or travel unsecured).

The nearest resort you could walk to is Hotel Cozumel, which does offer day passes and large swimming pool but no real beach access, since it is rocky shore line.

From International, or Puerta Maya, you can walk to Park Royal. We just spent an excellent hassle free day (no transport) there with a 4-year old. Day pass $40pp for adults AI, no charge for 4 and under. When he was 18-months old we had a day pass to Allegra resort, which has a quieter splashground than Playa Mia but that again requires transport from all piers.

Edited by c-leg5

Best beach for a couple in their 20s. we don't mind kids however would like a nice bar available as well. We LOVED the boatyard in barbados if anyone has been.

Mr. Sanchos all-inclusive side (multiple pools, swim up bars, water toys, lively atmosphere - my 20 something daughters love it). About $50 each

Nachi Cocom - limited to 100 guests per day, quiet, relaxing, great food, drinks, service - no water toys, small pool w/swim up bar and hot tub. About $55 each

Mr. Sanchos all-inclusive side (multiple pools, swim up bars, water toys, lively atmosphere - my 20 something daughters love it). About $50 each

Nachi Cocom - limited to 100 guests per day, quiet, relaxing, great food, drinks, service - no water toys, small pool w/swim up bar and hot tub. About $55 each

Funny, my bf was just googling and found mr sanchos. we are very interested. Do you need to buy passes ahead of time? do you know what is included in the all inclusive?

Funny, my bf was just googling and found mr sanchos. we are very interested. Do you need to buy passes ahead of time? do you know what is included in the all inclusive?

You can save about $5 by purchasing in advance, or just show up.

AI covers food and drinks - water toys, etc. are extra.

Taxi will be about $17 each way, but that fare covers up to 4 in the cab - pair up with others on your cruise roll call to save $$

mr Sanchos, Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia and Paradise beach are all on the same stretch of coastline, one right after another.

While the sand and water are pretty much the same, each one has a little different focus: Mr Sanchos for families and american menu, Nachi for adults with more local food, etc.

Reserving in advance is recommended.

We went to nachi cocum Tuesday and could not get in the water bc the seaweed was so bad. Apparently the other side of the island was seaweed free though. I wish we would of just waited and decided which was the best beach for that day.