Negative Feedback Survey/Form

kruzen55

I filled out a survey/feedback form on my last cruise on the Freedom on June 25th. I did put down negative comments. I was wondering if anyone else ever filled out these forms and if so, did you receive a reply?

I've never seen a reply for any of these either, though mine have all been positive comments.

Just out of curiosity, since I'll be on the Freedom in a few months, what happened that was negative if you don't mind my asking?

1. when i reserved my trip i was waitlisted for early dining - i told the reservationist that i really wanted early and she said "oh, it's just the two of you - you won't have any problem switching.

2. when i got on board i saw the captain of the lido deck and asked him the same thing. he said the head matre'de would be on call at 1pm to change or make reservations and i should speak with him. again, i was assured "oh, it's just you two - you won't have any problem switching."

WRONG -

i went in line at 12:30p and was the 2nd person in line. i asked the matre'd and he said 'sorry, all booked up. if i can do anything there will be a notification by noon tomorrow" the next day i received a card - 'sorry, no room'

we ate at 8:15pm for 2 nights and went directly to bed. the third day i went to the guest services and literally begged them to please change my dining time and told them we were having no fun at all because we ate too late and went directly to sleep. the guy at guest services looked at me like i had 3 heads and told me he'd email the matre' d....again the next day it was - 'sorry, no room'. to top it off we were put at a table for 10 and there were myself, husband and another couple. weird.....i did finally get them to give my husband and myself a private table for two.

3. when i was on a carnival cruise in april with my sister she bought diamond hoop earrings. well she lost one and asked that i get her another pair since carnival ships all carry the same jewelry. she paid $186 for them. when i went to the jewelry store the earrings were there. i had a copy of her receipt and they would not honor their same price. i eventually bought them for her at almost $100 extra. but there is a sign in the store that they will match any competitor's price for the same item BUT i guess they don't match their own prices.

4. we did luggage express which is you pay $20 per guest and they will print your boarding passes and take your luggage during the night. when you fly into your home airport your bags are waiting - GREAT!!! NOT!!! when we got to the airport at 10pm 2 out of 3 bags did not make it. it took 6 days to get the 2 missing bags which i had to call 6 different people on 3 different days to find them....i called carnival this week to request a $20 credit since my bags didn't make it home as promised and they said "not their fault" so they wouldn't credit me. i went on carnival in april with my sister and again june 25th with my husband - so i've spent over $5000 in less than 3 months and they wouldn't satisfy me with a small $20 credit. i even told the lady that my sister wanted to book again for november because we were going to concentrate on getting 10 sailings under our belts so we could become VIP but now we are moving to royal caribbean.

truthfully, royal caribbean is much better with entertainment, food and the ships are beautiful BUT carnival is cheaper. i realized that i wouldn't get the same service as royal but the service i received was even far less. i will probably go back on because of the price because really i only go for the sun and the heat. i can bypass the quality of food (within reason) and the shows i saw weren't as high of quality as the royal caribbean. we'll see how i feel in a few months when i'm ready to book again.

btw, generally i accept alot and don't let alot bother me but i remember years ago going on cruises and them bending over backwards to please. it is not that way anymore.

sorry, but your complaints weren't Carnival's fault:

you booked too late to get the seating you wanted. Too bad. Next time book earlier.

as for the earrings, you said it yourself...they'll match COMPETITORS price. Again, they did nothing wrong.

how can you prove Carnival lost your luggage? All they are responsible for is getting it to the airport. From there, it's on the Airlines. What did the airline folks say happened to your luggage?

I don't understand why people think they should be able to get whatever dining option suits them. Of course there is going to be some people at their 2nd or 3rd choice. Carnival fills their ships up. Not everyone can have what they want.

If dining on your schedule is so important to you, why not sail NCL where everyone is any time dining? Or just book further in advance.

Also when you put your luggage in anyone's hands but your own, you accept a risk that it won't get to your destination or may get there late. Be happy you got the luggage back! We always have a back up plan for "if the checked luggage doesn't make it!"

if you would have booked earlier you could have had early seating or ytd. those are generally the more popular options. plus carnival states "your dining preference is not guarenteed" plus you could have ate out on the lido deck earlier, same food just not the dining experience.

how can you prove carnival lost your luggage and not the airline itself? hmmm.

you thought the entertainment on rcl was better? are you kidding? they had no comedians, the shows started WAY to late, if you wanted to see the parade on the freedom of the seas and you had early dining you were screwed. the ships hallways smelled of sewer on deck 6. their shows..if i wanted to suffer through disney shows i would have sailed on disney. service in the mdr was awful and the food was cold and tough. with everybody saying how great RCL is...honestly..i was disappointed with RCL...but thats just my opinion

It is not reasonable to expect them top be able to accommodate everyone's dining preferences. WHat if 75% of those sailing want early dining? Cannot happen. What if the majority want a table for two? Nope, no can do.

I filled out a survey/feedback form on my last cruise on the Freedom on June 25th. I did put down negative comments. I was wondering if anyone else ever filled out these forms and if so, did you receive a reply?

I filled one out after our mid-April cruise on the Conquest. We had a great time, but I did comment about a couple of the rooms that were just too smokey for us to enjoy (like the piano bar). I never heard back, but a month or two later Carnival changed their smoking policy. Hmmm, I wonder if I'm to blame. :o

Tim

here is a snippet from Carnival's FAQ page re: Luggage Express:

The luggage will be transferred from the ship to the corresponding airline and flight. Guests must claim their bags upon flight arrival at their final destination. If there are any delays or problems with their luggage, guests need to contact the airline directly to report any problems.

i went in line at 12:30p and was the 2nd person in line. i asked the matre'd and he said 'sorry, all booked up. if i can do anything there will be a notification by noon tomorrow" the next day i received a card - 'sorry, no room'

we ate at 8:15pm for 2 nights and went directly to bed. the third day i went to the guest services and literally begged them to please change my dining time and told them we were having no fun at all because we ate too late and went directly to sleep.

This happened to us a few years ago. We were waitlisted for early dining. Got late dining. Went to Maitre d' and tried to get changed to early dining. He said he would try, but chances were slim as most people preferred early over late. When we found out that we didn't get it changed, we just ate upstairs. They have most of the same food in the buffet as the dining room.

OP Im with you. If I paid Carnival to transport my luggage express to the airport, I would think they are responsible, not some one else.

Totally logical....

I took a cab to the trainstation. I paid him extra to get me there on time. The train was 20 minutes late so I missed an appointment. Damn cab driver!

sheesh!

I filled out an online one that was e-mailed to me. I had some positive and negative feedback. There is ALWAYS room for some constructive criticism (ie negative) unless one is a total fanatic.

Never heard back from them. Didn't really expect them too. I hope the people I praised got their recognition and the ones who I condemned were tossed off the ship during the night. (waiters in the MDR cussing up a storm calling women passengers vulgar names out loud, I work with Jamaicans so I know what they were saying.)

You dont call passengers tampons (bloodcloth). Its just not polite.

Used to have review forms to fill out on the ship they would ask/beg/tell you to rate everything highest rating....Cruise director would tell you to do this

Now they (apparently) only send out a form to some people or to one person in a cabin or?? I don't know...I have not had the email form

I am curious....where or how did you get a "customer survey" form to fill out??

Thanks

Carnival using a sampling technique. With 23 ships active and an average of 3000 people per ship per week, they have over 60,000 customers per week. It is not necessary - nor cost effective - to send and collect comment forms from all 60,000 every week. I am sure Carnival has somebody with a statistics degree figuring out how many they need each week to get a valid sampling. Believe it or not, large companies do really care what their customers think of their product.

i guess it upset me because the agent who sold me the cruise said it would be 'no problem' and the captain said it would be 'no problem'. and considering i was 2nd in line to talk to the matre' d, i thought i had a pretty good shot. it was just the way they handled it. had she told me that the chances were not good to change the dining then i would not have booked.

also, i think if you pay to have your luggage at your destination it should be there. i had a contract with them and it wasn't followed through. unless it happens all the time i can't see why they wouldn't reimburse me and keep a happy customer. it's only good business.

Never heard back from them. Didn't really expect them too. .

I make it a point to write (snail-mail) to corporate after each cruise I take...the only cruises I didn't do this were my Celebrity cruise and my RCI cruise.

I can tell you that each time I write to NCL, they follow up with a letter acknowledging my letter with comments that make it obvious that my letter was actually read...they often follow up their response with a phone call.

CCL used to acknowledge letters...they no longer seem to. At least not every time. I haven't had a response the past two CCL cruises.

Is this very important to me?? Not really, but it is just another negative change I notice...I don't care that they no longer give people the '45 day letter'...but they went from giving you that to not even acknowledging your comments.

So, even though the Op's complaints may seem trite to some, CCL should acknowledge his comments in one way or another.

jmo

You need to remember the 20.00 is the fee to print your boarding passes, and luggage tags so you do not have to stand in line at the airport. Carnival will then deliver your bags from the ship to the airport. At that point they have honored their contract with you. If the airlines lost or misrouted your bags from there it is not Carnival's fault, you should be asking the airline to refund the baggage fees for the problems your had.

Archived