Dubai and New Year's Eve

TxnAquarian

We will be docked in Dubai overnight for NYE, and am wondering what the best vantage-point might be for the fireworks, without insane crowds? Are there any hotel lounges or evening cruises that would be good options? Our cruise line offers a dinner cruise, but they are charging a few thousand dollars for it. Thx.

Michael

Hi

We end our cruise in Dubai on New year's eve and are staying overnight at the Radisson Blu Deira creek. They offered a package with a dinner cruise on the hotels own Dhow the Al Mansoor.

You don't have to be staying at the hotel to book the dinner cruise.

The details are here:

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-dubaideiracreek/restaurants

I couldn't get the online booking to scroll dates but there is an e mail address for reservations on the page.

Just out of interest how much do Celebrity want for their New Years dinner cruise?

NYE in Dubai has become huge. Fireworks at midnight will be from Burj Khalifa staggered by more from the beach areas. They are spectacular. If you plan to leave the port to watch them you must be where you want to be by late afternoon as traffic will become horendous and they will start closing roads encouraging people to use Metro. One of the best places to watch IMO is downtown around BK. You can make dinner reservations at the various hotels or restaurants along Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard or Sheik Zayed Road. Many will have fixed price packaging and it will be at a premium. The problem will be getting back to the ship as taxis will be impossible and the metro isn't feasible to get you back to the port. However, from the ship you may be able to see the downtown fireworks and the ones from Jumeirah Beach. I have not been at the port for NYE but it is likely. Traffic will prohibit you from hopping between downtown and the marina or beach areas. If you will already be off the ship during the day on NYE, I would pick what part of town I want to be to celebrate and book a hotel package. You should do this ASAP.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/tourism/20151229/welcome-2016-with-a-bang-new-years-eve-fireworks-in-dubai

Hi

We end our cruise in Dubai on New year's eve and are staying overnight at the Radisson Blu Deira creek. They offered a package with a dinner cruise on the hotels own Dhow the Al Mansoor.

You don't have to be staying at the hotel to book the dinner cruise.

The details are here:

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-dubaideiracreek/restaurants

I couldn't get the online booking to scroll dates but there is an e mail address for reservations on the page.

Just out of interest how much do Celebrity want for their New Years dinner cruise?

Celebrity is charging $1900/pp. Yes, it's a lot, but it is an 8 hour private yacht with butler service and several course dinner. Just not sure 4K is worth it for two of us!

Michael

Wow,that sounds like a once in a lifetime experience, but yes it's a serious amount of money!

I booked afternoon tea at the Burj Khalifa for New year's day and I thought was pushing the boat out!

http://www.atmosphereburjkhalifa.com/high-tea.aspx

On another note I see from your signature that you are booked on Azamara Quest Sydney NYE 2018 cruise.

We are seriously considering booking that. It seems ages away but it sounds like an amazing itinerary.

NYE in Dubai has become huge. Fireworks at midnight will be from Burj Khalifa staggered by more from the beach areas. They are spectacular. If you plan to leave the port to watch them you must be where you want to be by late afternoon as traffic will become horendous and they will start closing roads encouraging people to use Metro. One of the best places to watch IMO is downtown around BK. You can make dinner reservations at the various hotels or restaurants along Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard or Sheik Zayed Road. Many will have fixed price packaging and it will be at a premium. The problem will be getting back to the ship as taxis will be impossible and the metro isn't feasible to get you back to the port. However, from the ship you may be able to see the downtown fireworks and the ones from Jumeirah Beach. I have not been at the port for NYE but it is likely. Traffic will prohibit you from hopping between downtown and the marina or beach areas. If you will already be off the ship during the day on NYE, I would pick what part of town I want to be to celebrate and book a hotel package. You should do this ASAP.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/tourism/20151229/welcome-2016-with-a-bang-new-years-eve-fireworks-in-dubai

My son and his family live some 8 miles from the Burj Khalifa and about the same fro Jumeirah Beach and rather than be hustled with the crowds they just stand out on their balconies and watch the fireworks and get a wonderful view. Personally I would stay on board and watch from there - a lot cheaper and not the crowds! I will be visiting there in Dec and am on MSC Fantasia 17th - 24th Dec so we will watch the fireworks from the balcony at son's villa after the cruise

Hope you enjoy the Emirates and good luck with your plans

Suzanne

I just called the concierge at American Express Platinum and asked them to arrange an evening for us, including private car to and from a NYE event and a private cruise around the harbor. They said it'll take a week to arrange and it'll be cheaper than Celebrity's option. I'm willing to deal with the traffic, as long as we have a private car. I just don't want to sit on the ship and hope to see fireworks from far away. Wish us luck! Lol

Michael