Hard Rock Hotel- Vallarta

jwalk03

I know this resort is fairly new (at least as a HR, pretty sure it was something else before that). Just wondering if anyone knows how far it is from the PV Cruise Port? and any idea what a taxi would cost to get there? Or is some other mode of transport easier or cheaper?

Also do they offer day passes to the resort and cost associated with that?

Any help is appreciated!

Jwalk30 It's several miles (4+) North of PV's port/harbor....in a newly developed beach strip area called Nuevo Vallarta separate from Puerto Vallarta. So many standard city buses run the Main Drag in that direction I can't imagine waiting long. A Bus Stop is directly in front of the the Cruise Dock and adjacent to WalMart. I was there March 2013. Locomotiveman Tom

Jwalk30 It's several miles (4+) North of PV's port/harbor....in a newly developed beach strip area called Nuevo Vallarta separate from Puerto Vallarta. So many standard city buses run the Main Drag in that direction I can't imagine waiting long. A Bus Stop is directly in front of the the Cruise Dock and adjacent to WalMart. I was there March 2013. Locomotiveman Tom

I was also there March 2013. I can't imagine taking the bus, as the "main drag" is not continous to Hard Rock. The main street goes around the airport, and doesn't drop down to Hard Rock.

I was also there March 2013. I can't imagine taking the bus, as the "main drag" is not continous to Hard Rock. The main street goes around the airport, and doesn't drop down to Hard Rock.

There are buses that go to Nuevo Vallarta from in front of WalMart which is very close to the cruise terminal. There is usually a person there to tell you which bus to take to go to different areas. The cost is probably about $2.00 one way and the buses are quite frequent.

• 1 month later...

I e-mailed the hotel, and just thought I would share in case anyone else is interested.

He said the reort is about a 35 minute cab ride, and a cab should cost around 200 Pesos (about $16) This seems CRAZY CRAZY cheap to me for a cab ride thats 35 minutes!!

The day passes are $96 for adults, $46 for children under 18

I e-mailed the hotel, and just thought I would share in case anyone else is interested.

He said the reort is about a 35 minute cab ride, and a cab should cost around 200 Pesos (about $16) This seems CRAZY CRAZY cheap to me for a cab ride thats 35 minutes!!

The day passes are $96 for adults, $46 for children under 18

It seems a bit low, re the distance from the port to the hotel. But probably not that much more.

However, if so, it is for sure NOT the cabs offered at the terminal, they charge more and per person. You will have to take one of the yellow cabs parked along the highway or at the parkinglot of Walmart. Always check your price before entering, it will be for the cab not per person. On the way back you will have to take one of the nuevo cabs, that rate might be different again.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but wondered if anyone could anyone would recommend the city bus to Nuevo Vallarta over a taxi. We are a group of 7, so would need 2 taxis. We would be going to the yacht club for a whale watching trip.

I know this is an old post, but wondered if anyone could anyone would recommend the city bus to Nuevo Vallarta over a taxi. We are a group of 7, so would need 2 taxis. We would be going to the yacht club for a whale watching trip.

Cross the busy road near the terminal, more or less in front of Wallmart is the busstop to Nuevo Vallarta. You will see a guy with a clipboard, check with him and he will get you into the right bus. There are 2 buses going to Nuevo, so know where you wanto to go. Best is to have Pesos to pay the driver.

Cross the busy road near the terminal, more or less in front of Wallmart is the busstop to Nuevo Vallarta. You will see a guy with a clipboard, check with him and he will get you into the right bus. There are 2 buses going to Nuevo, so know where you wanto to go. Best is to have Pesos to pay the driver.

Thanks. It doesn't look very far. How long do you think it would take? Sometimes local buses are really slow.

Thanks. It doesn't look very far. How long do you think it would take? Sometimes local buses are really slow.

I think it will be around 45 minutes. This bus stops less then regular citybuses.