Tender or Pier?/La Paz, Manzanillo, and Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo

Taters

We are going on the Carnival Miracle 13 day Mexico cruise next January and I am wondering if the ports listed above are tender or pier ports? We will also be going to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerta Vallarta, but I am familiar with those.

Thank you!

We are going on the Carnival Miracle 13 day Mexico cruise next January and I am wondering if the ports listed above are tender or pier ports? We will also be going to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerta Vallarta, but I am familiar with those.

Thank you!

Ixtapa is a tender port.

Thank you!

Zihua is the only tender port.

In La Paz, you need to take a 30 minute shuttle ride from the port to the city.

Manzanillo has a long dock in the port that seems to get longer when you go back to the ship.:)

Cabo is always tender, as also in Ixtapa. In Manzanilla, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan the ship will dock.

In La Paz you will dock in Pichilengue, which is about 30 minutes by bus or car from La Paz.

Edited by Ine

I really want to take this cruise, but my husband is adamant about not cruising with Carnival. The itinerary looks great! Any tips on convincing my hubby we would enjoy this cruise? His biggest concern is the food.

We've cruised 6 Princess cruises and over 25 Carnival cruises. We've done similar itins on Princess and longer cruises on Carnival.

Overall we prefer the MDR on Carnival and the buffet on Princess. But we've never starved on either line and eat most of our meals from the buffet on both lines. Carnival's nightly menus change are not repeated, except for certain 'favorites'. (Lobster is served with drawn butter, not that solid ???? as on Princess.)

One nice thing is Carnival's hot beverages stay open all night in the buffet. Very good hot chocolate from the machines.

Edited by SadieN

We've cruised 6 Princess cruises and over 25 Carnival cruises. We've done similar itins on Princess and longer cruises on Carnival.

Overall we prefer the MDR on Carnival and the buffet on Princess. But we've never starved on either line and eat most of our meals from the buffet on both lines. Carnival's nightly menus change are not repeated, except for certain 'favorites'. (Lobster is served with drawn butter, not that solid ???? as on Princess.)

One nice thing is Carnival's hot beverages stay open all night in the buffet. Very good hot chocolate from the machines.

And soft serve ice cream is available 24 hours.

Thank you!

Great question. We're on this cruise on Jan 31. Come join the roll call.

I really want to take this cruise, but my husband is adamant about not cruising with Carnival. The itinerary looks great! Any tips on convincing my hubby we would enjoy this cruise? His biggest concern is the food.

First, BIG THANKS to the OP for posting. I think this is a great itin, and would not have seen it if it hadn't been posted here :D

Re: food. Seriously, how bad can it be? Alpo-burgers? That would have made news on the internet by now :D Most mass market cruise line food is pretty ordinary IMHO. I think the food on Carnival actually gets pretty decent reviews.

Am going to discuss this with DH tonight. It is a winning itinerary, IMHO. If the food is really atrocious onboard, there will be places on shore to eat.

First, BIG THANKS to the OP for posting. I think this is a great itin, and would not have seen it if it hadn't been posted here :D

Re: food. Seriously, how bad can it be? Alpo-burgers? That would have made news on the internet by now :D Most mass market cruise line food is pretty ordinary IMHO. I think the food on Carnival actually gets pretty decent reviews.

Am going to discuss this with DH tonight. It is a winning itinerary, IMHO. If the food is really atrocious onboard, there will be places on shore to eat.

How adventurous are you? Last year we found a great place in La Paz attached to one of the mercados.

How adventurous are you? Last year we found a great place in La Paz attached to one of the mercados.

We are adventurous enough that we scare some of our friends :D

Mercado Francisco Madero. From the malecon it's straight up the street from Burger King. Local bus transfer station is on the corner. It's to the right of that.