What Resorts in Puerto Vallarta Resort Offer Day Passes?

shilo5

Hard Rock Resort offers a day pass for $100...too rich for my blood and I was really wanting to stop in for a drink. Oh well.

It is an absolutely breathtaking resort though. We took a white taxi car there (approx $35USD) because we are nerdy Hard Rock Collectors so we wanted to stop at the Rock Shop and check out the resort. They do offer day passes but only if the resort is less than 80% capacity, which on that particular day they were near full so no day passes were offered. However we walked around the grounds and it was so beautiful that hubby keeps mentioning making a week long trip back there.

Edited by Krissica
typo

• 1 month later...

I emailed the Krystal today. The day pass is $35.00 but your food is deducted from that amount. Not sure if we will do it but a few years ago DH and I had a wonderful couples massage there and I remember thinking their beach was one of the nicest I've seen. I would love to swim in the ocean there. They also have pools and rest rooms which I assume are clean and it seemed so peaceful and quiet. I would really love to go back!

I received this email from Crown Resorts. Right next to the port in PV. Krystal sounds like a better deal. Just a little further down the street.

Calafia Jiménez

AttachmentsFeb 15 (1 day ago)

to me

Hola!!

Thank you for choosing and contact us.

The day pass at the Hotel Crown paradise Golden (Adults) or Club (Family) is from 10:00am to 6:00pm includes breakfast, lunch and open bar for a total of 69 usd per person, you can use all of our Areas, equipment and activities during the day.

Hoping this Help you, see you soon!

Warmly,

I received this email from Crown Resorts. Right next to the port in PV. Krystal sounds like a better deal. Just a little further down the street.

Calafia Jiménez

AttachmentsFeb 15 (1 day ago)

to me

Hola!!

Thank you for choosing and contact us.

The day pass at the Hotel Crown paradise Golden (Adults) or Club (Family) is from 10:00am to 6:00pm includes breakfast, lunch and open bar for a total of 69 usd per person, you can use all of our Areas, equipment and activities during the day.

Hoping this Help you, see you soon!

Warmly,

Ok....that's $138us for 2 people. Let's remember here, your in Mexico. Do you know how much food and drink you can buy for $138us in Mexico ?? Factor in also, the time you'll actually get to this resort and the time you actually have to leave to return to the ship. Definitely NOT WORTH IT. The Krystal, which is still high at $35us per person, but definitely the better deal, again considering you won't be there from sunrise to sunset. Nice pool though.

Or take a cab to the Sea Monkey on the beach and get a lounge chair and enjoy. Your day with food and drink and taxi, no more than $40-$50 for 2 people. Depends on how many $1 Corona's you can muster...lol

we just hop a cab, go to whatever hotel, usually The Sheraton, head to the restaurant on the beach and hang, no one ever says anything, at the entrance the cab driver just says to the hotel guard we re from the ship going o eat at the restaurant and we go through; same with the really nice hotels in the marina.

we just hop a cab, go to whatever hotel, usually The Sheraton, head to the restaurant on the beach and hang, no one ever says anything, at the entrance the cab driver just says to the hotel guard we re from the ship going o eat at the restaurant and we go through; same with the really nice hotels in the marina.

This usually doesnot work at allin hotels since quests need a bracelet there. Yes you can eat in restaurants of many of the other hotels but that certainly doesnot always give you the right to use the pool, towels or beach.

This usually doesnot work at allin hotels since quests need a bracelet there. Yes you can eat in restaurants of many of the other hotels but that certainly doesnot always give you the right to use the pool, towels or beach.

I agree with Ine and have read a review from Punta Minta Four Seasons where a reviewer went for brunch then tried to use the pool, towels and beach chairs, it didn't end with a happy ending at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking a day pass for my group of 13 including kids and wonder what is the best choice for us

A lot of post about Krystal resort and I am wondering if you have an mail I can check out? do I have to buy ahead of time or just walk in and buy from them?

any other good deals for dollar spend?

Thanks a lot

Since Krystal is not that far from the terminal, you donot need transportation. The same for Golden Crown. Much depends on how much you want to spend of course.

I think it doesnot matter wether you contact them before or just walk in. As long as you show your cruise card.

Contact info for Krystal here: Avenida De Las Garzas S/N

Zona Hotelera Norte

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco

México 48300

Tel: +52 (322) 226-0700

Fax: +52 (322) 226-0738

reservacionespuertovallarta@krystal-hotels.com

reservaciones@krystal-hotels.com

www.krystal-hotels.com

In case you donot mind having no pool, but just the ocean, your other option is to take a bus or cab to Playa Los Muertos and use the chairs right on the beach of many restaurants there. Of course you need to buy drinks and food there.

Edited by Ine

Since Krystal is not that far from the terminal, you donot need transportation. The same for Golden Crown. Much depends on how much you want to spend of course.

I think it doesnot matter wether you contact them before or just walk in. As long as you show your cruise card.

Contact info for Krystal here: Avenida De Las Garzas S/N

Zona Hotelera Norte

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco

México 48300

Tel: +52 (322) 226-0700

Fax: +52 (322) 226-0738

reservacionespuertovallarta@krystal-hotels.com

reservaciones@krystal-hotels.com

www.krystal-hotels.com

In case you donot mind having no pool, but just the ocean, your other option is to take a bus or cab to Playa Los Muertos and use the chairs right on the beach of many restaurants there. Of course you need to buy drinks and food there.

Thanks Ine, you are so helpful. I just send an email to Krystal and hope they will respond to me soon...

can you give me some recommendation for similar even at Mazatlan?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Great information on the Krystal Ine!... it sounds like a great option. I like the idea of the Las Caletas getaway, but I dont like the hour transportation in either direction.

Do you have any information on good resorts that offer the same deal in Cabo or La Paz?

Thanks so much!!

David & Tyler

In La Paz you dock in Pichilingue, about 30 minutes from La Paz. Our ship at that moment offered a shuttle to a beach midway and also to La Paz. I saw plenty of beach restaurants there. (we did a whole day tour to Todos Santos there).

Check this board re Cabo, there have been postings about hotels with daypasses.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We did a land trip last year and stayed at the Casa Magna Marriott at the marina. 2/15/2015 we did a cruise and did a day pass. Love, love the Casa Magna! Huge beach and pool. I think is was 35.00 usd and most went to your food and drink. Have fun!

Hoping you will see my question.....do you have an email for Casa Magna Marriott.....also it looks to be in walking distance of the cruise port...is that correct? We will be coming on the Carnival Moracle in Feb. 2016. Thanks so much!

Hoping you will see my question.....do you have an email for Casa Magna Marriott.....also it looks to be in walking distance of the cruise port...is that correct? We will be coming on the Carnival Moracle in Feb. 2016. Thanks so much!

Casa Magna Marriott is NOT realy walking distance. If you look at the map you will see the yacht harbor is in between, roads go around it. Ath the bottom you see Marine Terminal which is the cruise terminal. Better take a cab. Or take the blue/white bus marked Marina from the opposite side of the road, more or less in front of Walmart.

http://vallartainfo.com/vallarta_marina_map.html

Edited by Ine

We ended up with a day pass at the Puerto Vallarta Hilton at the last minute in April. It's even closer than Krystal. Was about $60 each, including food and drink. There are servers on the beach as well as around the pool.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/jalisco/hilton-puerto-vallarta-resort-PVRPVHF/index.html

Can you just walk there and get the day pass or do you need to set it up ahead of time?

Thank you

Can you just walk there and get the day pass or do you need to set it up ahead of time?

Thank you

We walked there and did it at the spur of the moment.

On the other hand, it was the second place we tried. The first one had already sold out for the day. So that's a risk.

Could anyone tell me about how far/long of a walk it is from the ship to the Hilton Puerto Vallarta? Would it be difficult for a couple with 2 small children (6 and 3)?

We walked with one 3-year old and one adult with a sprained toe. Took about 15 minutes and we didn't cross any streets.