Ensenada Port- How far to taxi?

scootrdud

Although Ive been to Ensenada several times, I cannot recall how far you have to walk before you can get a taxi- going soon with someone older who cannot walk great distances (using a wheel chair for embarkation). Anyone been there recently who can tell me if you can get a taxi right when you get off the ship, or do you have to walk all the way through the port to the outside street?

Where do you want to go? Taxis wait just outside the port area, sometimes just inside. Could never figure out what the reasoning is.

Depending on which pier you dock at it could be a long walk for them.

There is a shuttle for $3 to take you into town. If they cannot step into the bus they should get a taxi for you. I know they've called taxis for a wheelchair bound friend of mine (she can transfer to the car on her own).

• 1 month later...
Where do you want to go? Taxis wait just outside the port area, sometimes just inside. Could never figure out what the reasoning is.

Depending on which pier you dock at it could be a long walk for them.

There is a shuttle for $3 to take you into town. If they cannot step into the bus they should get a taxi for you. I know they've called taxis for a wheelchair bound friend of mine (she can transfer to the car on her own).

I saw you message when searching for something else....

The taxi's that are 'inside' of the perimeter are the ones that are 'government owned' or 'government sponsored'. The ones outside, you ride at you own risk. I really haven't paid much attention in Ensenada, but in Puerto Vallarta, the govt ones are tan in color. The yellow and red ones...hold on! :eek:

The $3 shuttle is well worth it if you can go up bus steps. After they drop you off in town, we found a guy who took us to the blow hole and back right to the ship for $15 total. At the blow hole you can see that then shop in about 100 different shops plus get a bite to eat. The best fish taco's were next to the parking lot there. They cost $1.50 each We each had 2 taco's plus bottled water for about $10. Great deal for sure.