Live: Silver Spirit South America Grand Voyage 2016

Emtbsam

Hi Wes

We have a question for you. Are they offering an excursion to Iguazu Falls.

We are looking at next year BUENOS AIRES to BRIDGETOWN Which we would see Carnival . They do not have anything to the falls but maybe they offered it on ship ?

We are on Spirit March 31 Due to where my wife works no more than 3 weeks at a time

THXS Steve and Linda

yogagal47, yes, we did enjoy the beach (Ipenema, Santos, Rio). Monday, went with Jorge (Restaurant Manager) on a ten mile run along one of Rio's nicest beach/parks. Jorge pointed out this area (forget the name) is the wealthiest area of Rio sits directly adjacent Sugarloaf Mountain.

Stevanb, yes they are offering an excursion to Iguazzu Falls. Will get with Destination services today and get the details (cost, length) and post later.

Edited by WesW

Ida and I enjoyed a culinary demonstration on board the Silversea Silver Spirit today. The Theme was a taste of Brazil--our Silversea culinary trainer, David Bilsland prepared two favorite Brazilian street dishes. Wellseasoned (Dieter) Chef David, and I are smiling after this delish cooking demo. Please enjoy a few more pictures below:

IMG_2321_zpsvrkibfdc.jpg

IMG_2311_zpskputxhhi.jpg

IMG_2319_zpsx1eifvop.jpg

IMG_2314_zps58mcn2dd.jpg

StevanB; The Iguazzu Falls mid trip voyage will start next year in Salvador de Bahia and re board in Rio. This is a 3 day, 3 nite mid cruise

trip that will cost about $4000 pp.

Here is EnglishUSA's David pictured in one of his daily t shirts:

david10_zpsg4obrdlt.jpg

Today Ida participated as one of the models for the Joseph Ribkoff Fashion Event on board. There were about ten passengers that participated along with three entertainers. Fun fashion event as the bystanders were served champagne looking at the beautiful women wearing the fashion forward Joseph Ribkoff designs.

IMG_2329_zpsy4scb4io.jpg

IMG_2338_zpsz6k5az1b.jpg

IMG_2353_zpsjfrkjwfb.jpg

Edited by WesW

Today, we profile the Silversea Deck Department who are the hardest working team on board. They are up early morning 4a.m to 7 a.m making sure the deck is washed and they are responsible for Tender operations, making sure guests make it to shore and back safely.

Ida and I enjoyed our last formal nite on board the Silversea Silver Spirit, below we are enjoying drinks before a delish dinner of Beef Wellington and Grilled prawns/scallops. Also, please enjoy today's sunrise as we sail into Montevideo, Uruguay:

IMG_2365_zpsexp1syy8.jpg

IMG_2366_zpsjs8dj8eh.jpg

IMG_2359_zpscdlr27ox.jpg

yogagal47, yes, we did enjoy the beach (Ipenema, Santos, Rio). Monday, went with Jorge (Restaurant Manager) on a ten mile run along one of Rio's nicest beach/parks. Jorge pointed out this area (forget the name) is the wealthiest area of Rio sits directly adjacent Sugarloaf Mountain.

Stevanb, yes they are offering an excursion to Iguazzu Falls. Will get with Destination services today and get the details (cost, length) and post later.

You must have seen the area called "Urca" which is a local favorite for sunset cocktails in Rio. Your trip sounds absolutely fantastic. Your spirit of adventure is surely contributing to your overall experience!

Today we visited the port of Punte de Este, Uruguay. Ida and I enjoyed a short walk along the beach promenade. First up is our daily picture of our good friend David in his Daily themed t-shirt. We even caught a sea lion sun bathing on the pier and a cute dog wearing his Saturday best.

david10_zpsovgttzxu.jpg

IMG_2419_zpsdmoxdb8j.jpg

IMG_2416_zpstdjgamvx.jpg

IMG_2412_zpshcuo222l.jpg

IMG_2422_zpsdjxkpnrc.jpg

for all of your fabulous photographs & commentary. If I remember right, (a very big if), you are disembarking in BA? I hope others will continue with the photos & descriptions.... and we wish you both a safe & happy trip home. Thank you again & will look forward to your cruise wrap-up report. All the best !

"Today we visited the port of Punte de Este, Uruguay. Ida and I enjoyed a short walk along the beach promenade. First up is our daily picture of our good friend David in his Daily themed t-shirt. We even caught a sea lion sun bathing on the pier and a cute dog wearing his Saturday best."

So, I was a little confused....

was the "cute dog wearing his Saturday best" a reference to David? or was David's t-shirt even cuter??

Nowornever, Wmfabian; thanks so much for your nice words.

Buenos Aires! Today we took the Silversea Buenos Aires highlights tour--except for Carnaval, our best excursion of this voyage. Our tour guide, Herman was passionate and able to articulate well the history of this beautiful South American City. Our highlights included; La Boca (Caminito--known for Tango), Pope Francis’s Metropolitan Cathedral, Cafe Bar Tortoni, La Recoleta (Buenos Aires renown cemetery). Please enjoy a few pictures (Wes with Tango Dancer, La Caminito entrance, mass inside the Metropolitan Cathedral (where Pope Francis preached before being elected Pope, Ida giving a thumbs up for the delish Argentinean coffee and our final stop Buenos Aires' famous cemetery,"La Recoleta (Eva Peron's mausoleum is here).

IMG_2426_zps1m2rfpm9.jpg

IMG_2436_zpstlijhmne.jpg

IMG_2438_zps0lamd3jx.jpg

IMG_2446_zpsf1i1untr.jpg

IMG_2455_zpszspa8kgl.jpg

Edited by WesW

Nowornever; Please see one last picture from our last dinner on board. Thanks to EnglishUSA's suggestion (since we all met for dinner our first evening together on board 3 weeks ago) we again had dinner together. I have a very blurry picture of Emtbsam/Bob digging in to his one chocolate chip cookie (unbeknown to Bob, Victoria made special arrangements to have the pasty chef prepare a giant (full plate) chocolate chip cookie. Was a delightful surprise that brought smiles all around our table.

IMG_2461_zpskfwbwx83.jpg

Please excuse the blurry photo but this pix still conveys the gusto Bob had diggin in to his one chocolate chip cookie.

IMG_2463_zpstrxuor4p.jpg

what a wonderful time you all had together. Hoping our paths will cross one of these days. You posted wonderful photos & wonderful descriptions of your ports and now we're even more excited about ours next January. Maybe SS should put you on the PR payroll !!!

Still hoping others on board will add photos/descriptions for the remainder of the trip. (BIG HINT)

THANK YOU AND continued safe travels....will you be posting a "review?"

I'm not sure that there are any cc.com members left on board. Possibly there are some "lurkers".

Are you talking about me? (lurker ;))

I'm boarding next week -- yippee -- in Valparaiso.

Have tried to get a Meet & Mingle but no takers.

Very curious as to what passenger load will be.

I'll let you know !!!!!