Brand of champagne and beer on the Wind?

sea bright

I just disembarked from the Shadow and the champagne was Heidseck Monopole, NYE was Pommery. Although not an expert on the beers they definitely had Stella Artois, Singha, Bass and a few local options.

This might not be the same on the Wind but I assume SS would have a contract with a particular company that covers all the ships.

• 3 weeks later...
We haven't been on Silversea's in over a year and have an upcoming cruise on the Wind. Does anyone know what type of champagne and beer have been available recently?

Thanks!

I have a question about the Wind.Since you were just recently on the ship what was her condition?Been hearing that she is in bad shape.Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
I have a question about the Wind.Since you were just recently on the ship what was her condition?Been hearing that she is in bad shape.Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We thought the Wind was in great shape! Had a fabulous cruise on her. Probably the best food we have had on any cruise in the past few years (including cruises on the Seabourn Sojourn, QM2 Queens Grill and the Shadow). The complimentary wine was uniformly drinkable and sometimes quite good. We noticed a bit of wear and tear in carpets, etc but overall thought the ship was in great shape. Despite recent reports we had no issues w/ the AC even though it was very hot and sunny for most of our Caribbean cruise.

We thought the Wind was in great shape! Had a fabulous cruise on her. Probably the best food we have had on any cruise in the past few years (including cruises on the Seabourn Sojourn, QM2 Queens Grill and the Shadow). The complimentary wine was uniformly drinkable and sometimes quite good. We noticed a bit of wear and tear in carpets, etc but overall thought the ship was in great shape. Despite recent reports we had no issues w/ the AC even though it was very hot and sunny for most of our Caribbean cruise.

Thanks so much.

We got off the Wind Monday morning (28 March) and the beer choices I saw were Michelob Ultra, Heineken, Corona, and Bass Ale. Admittedly that was near the end of the cruise so the choices may have been reduced by then.

I'd second Sea Bright's comments about the Wind. Maybe they were on the same 10-day cruise (18-28 March) from San Juan, PR to Ft Lauderdale, FL

Edited by Randyk47