NOT all-inclusive beach day suggestions other than Blue Kay?

SeaCBear

Hi everyone - Blue Kay sounds good, but are there any other suggestions for a beach day which is not all-inclusive?

My husband and I are vegetarians, and I don't drink alcohol, so paying for an all-inclusive food and drinks is kind of a waste for us.

Thanks for any ideas.

Hi everyone - Blue Kay sounds good, but are there any other suggestions for a beach day which is not all-inclusive?

My husband and I are vegetarians, and I don't drink alcohol, so paying for an all-inclusive food and drinks is kind of a waste for us.

Thanks for any ideas.

Best to just take taxi or shuttle into mahahual and walk the length of the malecon until you find a beach bar that feels like the right vibe for you. All the beach clubs are one after another along the malecon.

If you want to check out in advance, go to the "sticky" at the top of this board, Beach Club Breakdown. Crewsweepers signature has a list of clubs along the malecon in order but you will have to go to TripAdvisor to check each out individually because his photos and links have been removed. There are a couple of new additions to the list Pitaya and Blue Reef.

Be careful though, just about every club, from the first tram stop on will have guys out offering you loungers and beer deals. May or maynot be what you're looking for. Look for some of the better service places, Krazy Lobster, Hotel Caballo, Tropicante (or his new place Busters), Pez Quadro. YaYas can be good. Barefoot beach too, but both tend to cater to ship beach break excursions. IMO stay away from Tequila Beach and Corona Beach (both hustling you at the first tram stop), and El Faro. further south (to your right facing the ocean) the less crowded.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of our party aren't heavy drinkers so we chose Tropicante. It's got really good reviews on TripAdvisor and I like the fact that the hours of operation depend on the times the last ship leaves. Our ship is in port from 1-9. We will be there next week.

Most of our party aren't heavy drinkers so we chose Tropicante. It's got really good reviews on TripAdvisor and I like the fact that the hours of operation depend on the times the last ship leaves. Our ship is in port from 1-9. We will be there next week.

Tropicante! (y)

It's a wonderful choice for a great day in Costa Maya! :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to Krazy Lobster in Feb 2017, it was almost perfect. The owner is right there to offer you free wifi, loungers, first margarita(we don't drink) and kayaks! I also heard beers were like $2. The beachwas nice, a few rocks here or there, but clean and the palm trees offered shade on the loungers, as well as the free umbrella! Only real negative we experienced was a steady stream of locals(?) parading up and down the beach offering you "the best" sunglasses, bracelets, hand bags, etc. A firm and friendly no thank you sends them to the next set of loungers. We paid $3 per person to ride an open air cart to the beach area, and it was a $2 taxi ride pp back to the ship.Lots of taxis ready to transport you, no need to worry about missing the ship. We are headed back there in Feb 2018 with 2 grandkids, and knowing what to expect will make the next trip alot less stressfull!