Vista Suite wines

mocrimlaw

We have always selected them upon boarding. The butler takes your list and gets them to hour suite very promptly.

I'm not sure about the proper answer to your question since I never tried to order the wine or liquor in advance. I think I have seen posts here that indicate that you can ... but I'm not positive. The suggestion to check with your TA or Oceania itself is well taken.

Good luck. (If you want to order in advance to be sure you have your order on hand the day you board -- well, you will. At least we always have.)

The other option is to bring along some of your own ...

Mura

We have always selected them upon boarding. The butler takes your list and gets them to hour suite very promptly.

I'm not sure about the proper answer to your question since I never tried to order the wine or liquor in advance. I think I have seen posts here that indicate that you can ... but I'm not positive. The suggestion to check with your TA or Oceania itself is well taken.

Good luck. (If you want to order in advance to be sure you have your order on hand the day you board -- well, you will. At least we always have.)

The other option is to bring along some of your own ...

Mura

Thanks Mura. Glad to know we can order them when onboard. I thought maybe since we didn't book the Vista originally we might not get some of the information about it. I was thinking of having the meet & greet in the suite this time since we only have 7 people signed up and I want to make sure I have something to give them!

I was wondering if that might be the case. We are booked in OCs on cruises in November and next May, and I was thinking of holding our M&G in our suite as well ... except we are starting to pick up numbers.

If you DO hold it in your suite, I suggest you talk to your butler as soon as you can. He can provide hors d'oeuvres and drinks. (I haven't done this myself yet, just read about people who have here.)

Jim & Stan may chime in with some helpful suggestions for you if this happens!

Personally I would prefer to order from the bar in such a situation whether than using up m private supply! If you remain at 7 people, though, I can see where it could be easier.

Mura

I was wondering if that might be the case. We are booked in OCs on cruises in November and next May, and I was thinking of holding our M&G in our suite as well ... except we are starting to pick up numbers.

If you DO hold it in your suite, I suggest you talk to your butler as soon as you can. He can provide hors d'oeuvres and drinks. (I haven't done this myself yet, just read about people who have here.)

Jim & Stan may chime in with some helpful suggestions for you if this happens!

Personally I would prefer to order from the bar in such a situation whether than using up m private supply! If you remain at 7 people, though, I can see where it could be easier.

Mura

Yes, I would rather order from the bar too, but I want to have it the day after we sail and I wasn't sure how quickly I could arrange it onboard. The following day we are in St Petersburg for 3 days so I think people will be too busy and tired.

I take it your first real day is a sea day. The butler shouldn't have any problem arranging it by then ... especially if you remain at 7 people. If you end up with too many for it to be comfortable in your VS, then you can arrange it with the concierge -- it probably would be held in Horizons. At least the functions I've set up have always been held there. Just have a list of names and room numbers available for him.

I've been informed that nowadays they prefer electronic notice of participants rather than meeting up with the concierge as I've always done in the past. That lets you contact the ship prior to boarding, which would be a plus.

Mura

I take it your first real day is a sea day. The butler shouldn't have any problem arranging it by then ... especially if you remain at 7 people. If you end up with too many for it to be comfortable in your VS, then you can arrange it with the concierge -- it probably would be held in Horizons. At least the functions I've set up have always been held there. Just have a list of names and room numbers available for him.

I've been informed that nowadays they prefer electronic notice of participants rather than meeting up with the concierge as I've always done in the past. That lets you contact the ship prior to boarding, which would be a plus.

Mura

Actually, no, our first day is 9-6 in Talinn. I know that makes it more difficult, but our only sea day is the last day of the cruise and by then it's sort of pointless to be meeting people! I thought if I have it at 6:30 that might be ok.

Actually, no, our first day is 9-6 in Talinn. I know that makes it more difficult, but our only sea day is the last day of the cruise and by then it's sort of pointless to be meeting people! I thought if I have it at 6:30 that might be ok.

Or do you think 6:00 would be better? I know we have to be onboard by 5:30. I know you have been on many more cruises than I have, so I appreciate your input!

Lyn beat me to the punch. :)

On our last cruise we had three port days, then some sea days. The majority of the group opted to do the M&G right after the boat drill and prior to dinner. (Some had private tours arranged and wanted to meet the other participants in advance.) It worked out very well. I didn't need to consult with the concierge, I just checked with the ship to make sure there would be a section for us in Horizons around 6pm and there was.

We had a very large turnout. There are always a few drop-offs in my experience, but I had VERY few name tags that were uncollected, and this was a large group.

Mura

We are on the Baltic cruise that leaves Stockholm on 9/2/17. Embarkation is 1 for the last groups to board & sailaway is scheduled for 4pm. I am told it takes about 2 hours to go thru the archipelago and should not be missed. I have 40 people signed up for the meet & greet. I've also tried to find out from O what time the muster will take place but they can't give me a firm time. My original plan was to have the M&G in Horizons immediately after muster but I don't want to impinge on people being on deck thru the archipelago. Does scheduling it for 6 or 6:30 seem like the best plan?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Baltic cruise that leaves Stockholm on 9/2/17. Embarkation is 1 for the last groups to board & sailaway is scheduled for 4pm. I am told it takes about 2 hours to go thru the archipelago and should not be missed. I have 40 people signed up for the meet & greet. I've also tried to find out from O what time the muster will take place but they can't give me a firm time. My original plan was to have the M&G in Horizons immediately after muster but I don't want to impinge on people being on deck thru the archipelago. Does scheduling it for 6 or 6:30 seem like the best plan?

Sounds reasonable. Some people may miss it as they may be ready for early dinner & bed after the flight - not much choice though.

And, yes, do not miss the sail through the archipelago.

Placing the Meet and Greet after 6 will put it in competition with some peoples Specialty Restaurant reservations and they will resent you for it, don't do it!

I'd suggest having your party right after muster at the Pool Bar.

People can sight-see and mingle from there :halo:

Hmmm. Dining opens at 6:30 - what about 5:30? By then we are 1 1/2 hours thru the archipelago. O would not let me set up anything in advance so I plan to email all those who signed up. Since O won't help, is there an area near the pool bar for us to assemble? I've only been on Marina once & I don't recall the area that well.

I would think if you are sailing at 4pm the muster will be 3:30 ish

so if you wanted to M & G at 5 or 5:30 pm that would work

not sure on the pool area there will be lots out there watching the sailaway

It is hard to plan something around watching the scenery vs M& G

JMO