Carnival Excursion Price Guarantee

Lexis9784

Any recent experience price matching to Carnival's AI beach breaks?

On my Triumph cruise next month they are showing a 5 hour length for the AI beach breaks, vs. 4 hours for Autoprogreso and Shore Excursioneer, so I'm guessing Carnival lengthened theirs to make them not comparable and stop losing $45 a person price matching to these excursions.

I was denied twice on the beach break in Progresso. First time I think they said the time frame wasn't the same, although the transportation took longer for Carnival's, so you had the same time at the resort. The second time they said the resorts were not comparable. When I disputed this, they said the Carnival excursion resort offered tennis courts and mini golf. Not sure most people would be interested, but I finally just cancelled the tour through Carnival and went with a private tour guide and enjoyed the day visiting multiple locations. Several others in my group did go with the Carnival beach break and they said it was ok, but wouldn't do it again.

I was denied twice on the beach break in Progresso. First time I think they said the time frame wasn't the same, although the transportation took longer for Carnival's, so you had the same time at the resort. The second time they said the resorts were not comparable. When I disputed this, they said the Carnival excursion resort offered tennis courts and mini golf. Not sure most people would be interested, but I finally just cancelled the tour through Carnival and went with a private tour guide and enjoyed the day visiting multiple locations. Several others in my group did go with the Carnival beach break and they said it was ok, but wouldn't do it again.

Thanks for the update. I think I'll just take AutoProgeso's free bus into town and book the AI beach break onboard. Used to make Cozumel my beach day but Paradise Beach keeps getting more and more expensive, and the $35 for AutoProgeso's AI beach break is almost the same price as round-trip taxi fare to Paradise Beach alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Stumbled onto this thread and thought I'd try it out. Found a cheaper tour of Uxmal through shore excursioneer. Submitted it, and got a credit of $9.90 per person because the tour through Carnival goes an hour longer. Definetly doing this from now on! I had trouble finding the link, so if anyone else was wanting to try it, here's the link! https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/shore-excursion-best-price-guarantee.aspx

• 3 weeks later...
I sent in complaining because they said that autoprosso was not entitled for guarantee and that others had gotten it, and received back that supervisor had said they were not to honor any comparisons for auto progresso site at al.

Sounds like Carnival started losing too much money and stopped honoring their guarantee.

I was successful in getting them to price match my tour with Autoprogreso. Saved $38 each! This was for the Reef Resort All Inclusive Beach Break. They matched it for 6 in our party. A couple of us had to resubmit the request form because it was denied. So, if they turn you down be persistent and try again. Make sure you put the exact SAME description, length of tour, resort name, etc. or they will deny it and say the tours are not comparable.

Edited by LaShelle2

• 6 months later...