El Cheapo Cruises Thread

That is a great deal. Cabin price only is around $1200 for a JS at present. So that's flights and 4 nights in a hotel for $600 pp.

Just be prepared for the Chicken feet in the Windjammer;p

I try and avoid the buffet any way.

October 22, celebrity soloice $979 to the islands. Inside cabin 8 nights

Thanks, we just booked a balcony with online agent (1st) for $1257 - Celebrity website $1299:D.

I booked the top category ocean view (needed to book this one as I didn't want to get "upgraded "to the walkaround 6th deck where you have to make sure your curtains are drawn tight at night :/

For the 7 night New Guinea cruise leaving 2 sept on The Eden. .. $649pp twin share Not a bad deal , would have preferred a balcony but couldn't justify an extra $900

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ru2on

We are out of FNQ as well, and we booked this cruise last year to see what they were like. We got the price you just paid for the Outside Cabin and picked Deck 5. The Cabin was quite spacious, but we could hear the morning walkers on deck 6, but wasn't a real distraction. We really enjoyed the cruise, and although we prefer balconies, for a 7 day cruise this was fine.

As it is P&O there are some aspects that aren't Celebrity / RCI, but even so it was worth the money, and we had a great time. A suggestion - the 9 course dinner with paired wines - fantastic, costs a bit, but was great.

Hi Ru2on

We are out of FNQ as well, and we booked this cruise last year to see what they were like. We got the price you just paid for the Outside Cabin and picked Deck 5. The Cabin was quite spacious, but we could hear the morning walkers on deck 6, but wasn't a real distraction. We really enjoyed the cruise, and although we prefer balconies, for a 7 day cruise this was fine.

As it is P&O there are some aspects that aren't Celebrity / RCI, but even so it was worth the money, and we had a great time. A suggestion - the 9 course dinner with paired wines - fantastic, costs a bit, but was great.

Those PNG cruises look good, for me, I would prefer to do one out of Sydney though.

Those PNG cruises look good, for me, I would prefer to do one out of Sydney though.

It makes more sense for us Queenslanders to fly north to Cairns (or Darwin), rather than fly to Sydney to sail north. I read a cruise magazine at the Library today and northern Australian choices are scarce at this time of year. There was an article on an increase on the number of Australians flying to Asia to cruise.

It makes more sense for us Queenslanders to fly north to Cairns (or Darwin), rather than fly to Sydney to sail north. I read a cruise magazine at the Library today and northern Australian choices are scarce at this time of year. There was an article on an increase on the number of Australians flying to Asia to cruise.

I have considered that many a time but the airfares were eroding any savings on the cruise. With airfares dropping / being on sale, the prospect of Asian cruises is getting stronger, at least for me.

As a data point for future planning....does anyone know how much RCL are charging at present to buy OBC. It was 77c USD for 1 AUD for a fair while but with the AUD rising I wonder if they have lifted the return.

In general it has always been above the current forex rate. I cant check as I am in China at present.

I will checking these deals.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Forums mobile app

You've got to be quick, Goldie. Sometimes these deals last for only a couple of hours, sometimes a day or two.

Royal Caribbean's "half year clearance" ends at 5pm today (NSW time) today. It will be interesting to see if their prices go up, down, or stay the same???

Thanks for the information regarding cheap deals. I have noticed cruise prices have gone up since drink packages were introduced.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Forums mobile app

Yes, also watch when RCI have "Buy 1, get 1 at Half Price" sale. The price of the 1st person goes up!

I find royals prices slightly cheaper but of course it does depend on the cruise in question.

While I agree with this comment, you have to remember that Princess is often considered a superior product to RCI especially for us "older" cruisers. Also Princess is very generous with OBC for for the cruise, Future Cruise Certificates, Shareholders benefits and Military service (sometimes totaling up to $1000) whereas RCI doesn't allow more than one benefit. Of course younger cruisers love the physical activities that RCI offer on-board.

While I agree with this comment, you have to remember that Princess is often considered a superior product to RCI especially for us "older" cruisers. Also Princess is very generous with OBC for for the cruise, Future Cruise Certificates, Shareholders benefits and Military service (sometimes totaling up to $1000) whereas RCI doesn't allow more than one benefit. Of course younger cruisers love the physical activities that RCI offer on-board.

Agreed. I've really enjoyed the princess cruises we have been on.

It's fantastic that Australians and New Zealanders are now being offered a choice of cruise lines from which they can pick from to best suit their needs. Something for everyone from aged 2 - 102. [emoji4]

>>> Hot Deal <<< Bonus $150 OBC total - Carnival Legend to Tassie - 5 nights - Departs 1st Feb 2018 -

> Inside twin share pp $398 and $75 pp OBC

> Outside twin share pp $498 and $75 pp OBC

> Balcony twin share pp $648 and $75 pp OBC

Visiting : Sydney, Australia > Hobart > Port Arthur, Tasmania > Melbourne,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival Legend to Tassie - 5 nights - Departs 1st Feb 2018

Carnival Legend to Tassie - 5 nights - Departs 1st Feb 2018

Thanks just tentatively booked it ..would have been flying in from Nth Qld but then realised I have a wedding to attend in Melbourne on the 4th ..and it docks in Melbourne on the 6th...oh if only it was a couple of days later would have worked in perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk