St Maarten Assistance Please

Cinders411

We have been to St. Maarten twice. The first time we did a tour with Bernard's. The second time we did a RC excursion snorkeling and watching planes land at Maho Beach. This time we were just thinking about taking the ferry into town. Is there a ticket booth prior to the ferry dock? Does anyone know current ticket prices? Also I know there is shopping and food in town but, is there also a beach? I thought perhaps there was. If so is this a free beach?

we were there on a land vacation & just off the shopping area in Phillipsburg there was a beach near there

not sure where the ships dock ..I thought we saw some just by the beach but it has been a few years since we were there

The ferry dock is right there when you get off the ship. It is $7per person round trip. You can also walk but it can be a long one if it's hot out. The whole shopping area is laid out along the beach with beach chairs lining the entire beach. You'll be greeted my many people trying to get you to buy their chairs. Typically it's two chairs and an umbrella for $20. Some provide wifi and some drinks, it just depends. I suggest you walk around and decide where you want to sit before you agree to follow one of the guys. You never know where they are taking you. Usually wherever you end up will provide you with bathrooms also. There are also plenty of vendors on the beach for jet skiing, banana boat rides, and some have trampoline stuff in the water for kids. Enjoy!

Yes, you can't miss it. They are constructing a new ferry terminal but when you leave the cruise ship dock and walk through the security gate, head to the left. You can't miss it. Also the ferry sells water, soda, and beer really cheap if you want to stock up for the day while you take the short ride to town.

We have been to St. Maarten twice. The first time we did a tour with Bernard's. The second time we did a RC excursion snorkeling and watching planes land at Maho Beach. This time we were just thinking about taking the ferry into town. Is there a ticket booth prior to the ferry dock? Does anyone know current ticket prices? Also I know there is shopping and food in town but, is there also a beach? I thought perhaps there was. If so is this a free beach?

The town beach is called Great Bay beach. There is plenty of information on this beach if you do a search here on this board. It's often a cause of discussion here and a beach that makes the newspaper for the wrong reasons, namely water pollution.