Pirate Museum

coachj5452

There used to be a map that showed the Pirate Museum, Queen's Walk and several other sites that are in walking distance from the pier on this site, you might be able to search for it. The problem is that some "walkers" in the past have been accosted... perhaps you can take a cab to it?

We went there in July of this year. It was not crowded and the cost more reasonable than most excursions. I was in a wheelchair and we walked there. Just crowded sidewalks and cobblestone streets for most of the way there. You also pass the straw market on your way, so there is another point of interest.

Nassau sidewalks or streets are not too wheelchair friendly I but the Pirates Museum and straw market was. Lucky I had my son to help push me, and I was able to get up to traverse getting down the curbs from the sidewalk to the street and back. Had a good time in the Pirates Museum - take time to read the placques. Most of the straw market was overstuffed with the same stuff, just many pushy vendors. On one exterior side of the market they have vendors carving wood objects which was very interesting and probably the only part of the market I liked or would go back to.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I guess I didn't word it well. If you are not physically challenged, and are able to walk on bad sidewalks and cobblestone streets, then it is an easy walk.

The Pirate's Museum is an easy walk from the port. We followed a walking tour map, and found it to be an interesting stop. See below.

In Pirate talk, it's up the hill, just past...(censored), and to the right.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1z0pKUFtyYA1D0nd8O4dC9Q3pJSE&hl=en&ll=25.072908284314764%2C-77.34217303704833&z=16

Edited by jwjax

The Pirate's Museum is an easy walk from the port. We followed a walking tour map, and found it to be an interesting stop. See below.

In Pirate talk, it's up the hill, just past...(censored), and to the right.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1z0pKUFtyYA1D0nd8O4dC9Q3pJSE&hl=en&ll=25.072908284314764%2C-77.34217303704833&z=16

If you don't have any physical challenges yes, it is an easy walk. I know several people in my village that wouldn't be able to manage it.

I think we spent an hour there, two years ago, forget the price, it was worth it for us on a rainy day. Christ Church is across the street, and that was free and so beautiful, with so much history. it was a great day in the rain!

In July 2017 it was $13 adults and $6.50 children. We were there for a little over an hour but could have stayed longer had others in our group (family) not been so eager to get back to the ship (missing their Cheers time...).

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

2nd try with a picture :o

One of my favorites involved the pirate dude at the entrance. We asked if the boys could pose with him and he posed each of them like they were in a great big fight with him, giving one his cutlass to use, another his pistol. They loved it.