Beach or Shopping? Cozumel, Belize, or Mahogany Bay

MMMBUSTER

Of the three I think that Cozumel is best for the beach but also the shopping. Cozumel now attracts many ships and it has lots of stores.

In Belize my own view is to do a tour or stay on the ship. I don't feel comfortable walking around the area right outside the port.

Keith

Cozumel has good beach opportunity and fair shopping.

Belize is interesting - shopping there seemed more like down-market K-Mart - no beach, only mangrove swamp unless you take a boat out to barrier islands: if there is an organized tour that interests you, go for it; it is not a do-it-yourself port, so consider staying on board.

I do not know Mahogany Bay - is it a cruise line-owned private island? If so, it is probably a good beach opportunity.

Nacci Cocum beach in Cozumel (all inclusive ,reserve online early , limited to 150 guests )

Mahogany Bay - Carnival Corp private beach .

Belize , I'd do a tour unless I was on NCL cruise as their Harvest Cay private beach is top notch .

Shopping for anything beyond souvenirs at these ports is not for us .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for Nachi Cocum. Other go to...Santos(?) I think. If I were ever to go back and want a beach day I'd be open to trying Santos, so maybe look into those two. NC was fine but not so amazing that I feel like I HAVE to go back there.

There is good straw market stuff in Mahogany Bay. We like the wood carvings. We like to shop for silver in Cozumel. Coz has separate shopping areas for each pier. Last time we were at Puerto Maya and having been there the week before, we walked down the street to the shops at the International Pier. Sometime maybe we will get to Punta Langosta. EM

There is no beach in Belize. You have to tender a long, long way to the port. If you want a beach you have to take a tour or a water taxi to nearby island. We prefer doing the cave tubing, done it three times with Reggie, not the 30+ people on Carnival's tour.

Mahogany Bay was built by Carnival. There are shops, few vendors but a big long beach. It is on an island next to the port. It is a long walk over a bridge or you can take a cable car ride. You pay once and can go back & forth to the beach on it. We did that when Mahogany Bay just opened and it was $5@. Sure it's more now but don't know what the cost is now. You can shop and beach here.

In Cozumel you can always ask a cabbie to take you to a beach, but make sure you have a way back to the pier. Tell them you need a beach where you can get a cab back to the pier.

1st cruise. Love the beach and shopping. Which destination has the best beach and which has the best shopping?

IMO the best beach will be when you are at Mahogany Bay, but not at Mahogany Bay itself. That stop is on the island of Roatan. If you get out fo the port and go to the west end of the island you will find incredible beaches and snorkeling.

The best shopping, and honestly western cruises are not known as shopping meccas, will be at Cozumel.