Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Well its located right on the town hall square so its a good location.

They get very mixed reviews on tripadvisor but mostly to the good side.

https://www.tripadvisor.dk/Hotel_Review-g189541-d228445-Reviews-or5-Scandic_Palace_Hotel-Copenhagen_Zealand.html

Thank you DV....we're going to give it a try!

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions when our trip is closer!

Chris

As Frederik says its all over EU and its all EU border crossing so its both ports, airports etc etc.

I have heard that each passport check will take 10-15 seconds.

So imagine if Emirates A380 has just arrived with a bunch of A340, 777 or 787, that's alot of people that has to go through the passport control.

There have been rumors of Visa rule changes because the US will not allow all EU citezensVisa free access to the US. I am glad that this is not that.

Danish Viking,

We leave tomorrow, Wednesday, for Copenhagen.

We are staying at the Hotel Danmark. Arriving 9:00 a.m. Thursday.

My plan is to get a 24 hour City pass (which I think is about 36DKK) at the airport which is good for 3 zones and go to City Center on the Train and walk to the hotel.

Is my plan correct???

What is the name of the City Center stop??

Thanks again,

Dennis & Joy

When looking at the websites for the restaurants it looks like they are only open during Tivolis opening hours.

That is what I thought too. My wife is planning the site seeing of museums and castles. On the other hand, I am planning on where we should eat. Beast is high on the list and the Street Food Market is a must do. I am also intrigued with the Royal Gardens and their vast Dim Sum menu.

We are in the Scandic Front, Nyhavn. Do you have a favorite restaurant there, say for lunch?

Danish Viking,

My plan is to get a 24 hour City pass (which I think is about 36DKK) at the airport which is good for 3 zones and go to City Center on the Train and walk to the hotel.

Is my plan correct???

Thanks again,

Dennis & Joy

It's København H (Central station)

But the city pass is 80 kroners and is valid in the 4 central zones.

The 3 zone ticket that costs 36 is only valid for 1 hour, but it does cover transport from the airport to the central station.

That is what I thought too. My wife is planning the site seeing of museums and castles. On the other hand, I am planning on where we should eat. Beast is high on the list and the Street Food Market is a must do. I am also intrigued with the Royal Gardens and their vast Dim Sum menu.

We are in the Scandic Front, Nyhavn. Do you have a favorite restaurant there, say for lunch?

I will say that most restaurants at Nyhavn has a very good quality, at least I have never found a bad place.

But if I have to pick one then its Nyhavns Færgekro.

I will say that most restaurants at Nyhavn has a very good quality, at least I have never found a bad place.

But if I have to pick one then its Nyhavns Færgekro.

(y)

As I said, we have 4 nights and I know one will be at the Steet Food and an other at the Royal Garden. I wish Beast was near Nyhavn, but If I figure out the busses I might venture there. Another night when Tivoli is open we will eat there.

Who knew you could plan your whole stay in CPH around your next meal. Royal jewels? National Museum? HAAA! I just wish I liked beer.

If you walk to Kongens Nytorv and take bus 350S towards Herlev or Ballerup and get off at Elmegade (Nørrebrogade) you can make the trip without any change.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Elmegade+(N%C3%B8rrebrogade),+2200+K%C3%B8benhavn/B%C3%A6st,+Guldbergsgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+N/@55.69072,12.5552317,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x465253a9f873dc75:0xc744e7c52356d408!2m2!1d12.5576837!2d55.6890148!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652539fdf087b7d:0x2d53b8ea6d057d5e!2m2!1d12.5559149!2d55.6922215

It's København H (Central station)

But the city pass is 80 kroners and is valid in the 4 central zones.

The 3 zone ticket that costs 36 is only valid for 1 hour, but it does cover transport from the airport to the central station.

Thank you for clearing this up for us and once again thank you for your help!!!

Dennis & Joy

Thanks! Not expecting this. Beast's oven is 500c ! Their motzerella is said to be a food group unto it self. This is the Noma of pizza. It really is a not to be missed!

Danish Viking,

Is my plan correct???

Thanks again,

Dennis & Joy

When you return can you let us know how you liked your hotel? Was it close to everything?

If you walk to Kongens Nytorv and take bus 350S towards Herlev or Ballerup and get off at Elmegade (Nørrebrogade) you can make the trip without any change.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Elmegade+(N%C3%B8rrebrogade),+2200+K%C3%B8benhavn/B%C3%A6st,+Guldbergsgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+N/@55.69072,12.5552317,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x465253a9f873dc75:0xc744e7c52356d408!2m2!1d12.5576837!2d55.6890148!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652539fdf087b7d:0x2d53b8ea6d057d5e!2m2!1d12.5559149!2d55.6922215

Danish Viking - still need some assistance..... Which hotel would you say is better located???

Best Western city center or Best Western Hebron. Can't decide which to book.

Danish Viking - still need some assistance..... Which hotel would you say is better located???

Best Western city center or Best Western Hebron. Can't decide which to book.

For public transportation I would say that Hebron has the better location but hotel city is located closer to Nyhavn, Amalienborg, Rosenborg, etc.

On tripadvisor Hebron is the 16th best and Hotel City the 18th best hotel in Copenhagen so the quality is about the same for both.

As others have mentioned its Kongens Nytorv.

It's easy for me to say but I think its problem free to take the metro from the airport to Kongens Nytorv and then take the short walk to the hotel.

Thanks to all of your for your answers, I think we'll take the metro and walk to the hotel. Next question. From Wakeup hotel Borgergade to the NCL Getaway. I think I have this right:

Left out of hotel to Dronningens Tvaergade, turn right, catch bus #26 toFaergeterminal Sondre Frihavn (8 stops 8 min) Here we transfer to the #27 busto Oceankaj (10 stops, 9 min). Then it is a 5 minute walk to the ship.

Used Google maps, but I find it confusing sometimes, just wanted to get your opinion.

Thanks,

Tony

First, thanks Danish for doing all of this. It is truly amazing.

My question. I've got an Airbnb booked in Amager Vest near Eberts Villaby (according to Google Maps). Is this a place that is easy to get to from the airport with luggage/see Copenhagen? We've got 3 days to explore and want to make sure we are in a good spot.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thanks to all of your for your answers, I think we'll take the metro and walk to the hotel. Next question. From Wakeup hotel Borgergade to the NCL Getaway. I think I have this right:

Left out of hotel to Dronningens Tvaergade, turn right, catch bus #26 toFaergeterminal Sondre Frihavn (8 stops 8 min) Here we transfer to the #27 busto Oceankaj (10 stops, 9 min). Then it is a 5 minute walk to the ship.

Used Google maps, but I find it confusing sometimes, just wanted to get your opinion.

Thanks,

Tony

Thats correct.

But you can change at Østerport as well if you want to possibility to also use bus 25.

First, thanks Danish for doing all of this. It is truly amazing.

My question. I've got an Airbnb booked in Amager Vest near Eberts Villaby (according to Google Maps). Is this a place that is easy to get to from the airport with luggage/see Copenhagen? We've got 3 days to explore and want to make sure we are in a good spot.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Yes it is, The bus stop for bus 5C at Tycho Brahes Allé is located very close to that place.

You can take bus 5C the airport if you want to and the same bus goes into downtown Copenhagen.

So I understand if your guys are having a hard time finding a hotel room because I found some interesting facts. :D

Average prices for hotel rooms in Q2 2017 was 145 Euro varying from 121 Euro in April to 162 Euro in June.

Occupancy rate was 84,5% varying from 76,7% in April to 90,4% in June.

I´m expecting that July and August looks somewhat similar to June.

The average hotel room prices for Stockholm and Oslo in the same period was 125 and 120 Euro.

But hopefully we will se some lower prices the next few years because alot of new rooms are coming into the marked.

Here in 2017 we have seen the opening of a few hostels and a few hotels.

A&O Hostel Copenhagen - 270 rooms (670 beds)

Steel House - 253 rooms (1154 beds)

Nobis Hotel - 80 Rooms

Stay Seaport - 53 apartments

Hotel Sanders - 60 rooms

Cabin Metro - 530 room extension

Stay Kastellet - 23 apartments (it should open this year but I can´t find any recent info)

Manon Les Suites - 87 rooms

In 2018 it looks like this

Nimb - 21 room extension

Charlottehaven - 37 Apartment extension

Moxy - 220 rooms

Scandic Kødbyen - 370 Rooms

Herman K - 31 Rooms

Wakeup Kalvebod Brygge - 585 rooms

CitizenM Dagmarhus - 230 Rooms

Scandic Falconer - 332 Rooms

Hotel Ottilia - 156 rooms

Nordic Choice Hotels (Postgården) - 380 rooms

Comfort Copenhagen Airport Hotel - 500 rooms

And a few tba´s

Cabinn (Next to the new IKEA) - 1200 rooms (should be in 2020)

Wakeup Borgergade - 220 room extension

Avenue Hotel - 12 room extension

And there is a talk about a 400 room hotel at Marmormolen and a hotel (maybe hotel apartments) at the post terminal but nothing concrete.

Edited by Danish viking

Dear Danish Viking,

Can you suggest a meeting place at CPH? My sister arrives on Air France from Paris at the same time I arrive on KLM from Amsterdam. Where can we meet after we claim checked baggage? Is it true all arrivals go through Terminal 3?

Thank you.

And, thank you for ALL you do for us here on Cruise Critic!

Dear Danish Viking,

Can you suggest a meeting place at CPH? My sister arrives on Air France from Paris at the same time I arrive on KLM from Amsterdam. Where can we meet after we claim checked baggage? Is it true all arrivals go through Terminal 3?

Thank you.

And, thank you for ALL you do for us here on Cruise Critic!

There is a stair up to Burger King on your right hand when you exit the bagage claim area, that one should be noticeable.

Else there is a hot dog stand inside the bagage claim area that is easy to spot. :)