Busan Review

bubblesqueaker

Ship: Diamond Princess

Month: August 2017

As our cruise was changed, very last minute, we didn’t really know what to do in each of the ports.

Busan (Pusan), South Korea was one of them that we knew very little about. We booked a ship tour for this port and we really enjoyed it.

The first place we visited was APEC House which was right beside Haeuendae Beach. This was where a convention of Asian Leaders happened and you could see the room where the talks happened. It was alright but unless you’ve a real interest in politics, then it’s a leave it type of place – the surrounding area was nice though.

img_7351.jpg?w=1140

We then headed to Haedong Yonggun Temple which was unusual as it was built close to the sea v the typical temples that were built in the mountains.

img_7368.jpg?w=1140

img_7363.jpg?w=1140

It was a beautiful place to visit but if you’ve any sort of mobility issue- forget it… sold as 108 steps…The didn’t mention this was one way!

There are a few market stalls at the entrance and we enjoyed a cold drink on our return from the Temple.

After the Temple, we were taken to the Gukje Market. This was a large shopping street with lots of stalls along it. img_7388.jpg?w=1140

Despite the rain (being from NI this wasn’t an issue for us) we had a walk around and looked at all the local delicacies….then I spotted it….

img_7373.jpg?w=1140

A cat cafe!! We climbed up another 100 stairs and got in to see a real mixture of super friendly cats and had a cold drink. Was definitely worth it for the experience.

After this we returned back to the ship.

I really enjoyed Busan, not as clean as Japan but definitely fascinating to see.

I loved Busan! Completely not what I was expecting. Look out for the puppies! They had a shop with what looked like ikea shelves full of puppies!! Not sure how I felt about it. They looked well looked after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes- I took £50 worth of Won with me. There was a mobile currency lorry at the port (couldn't do it on the ship) but we were glad we took money. When we got back to the ship we hadn't spent all the money we'd brought - the mobile bank thing was away so spent it on trinkets (crap [emoji23][emoji23]) at the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums