Park cafe on oasis

Quick question about if there are coffee offerings there. I know since there is a Starbucks on board the cafe promenade doesn't have a Frappuccino. I am remembering a review i read where i think she got a Frappuccino at the park cafe using the royal replenishment package. Anyone know if you can get one there?

Thanks!

I am on Harmony now (same ship class) I haven't seen anything like that in the Park Cafe, the cafe promenade does have latte's and espressos (partaking as I type) and they also offer specialty coffee drinks (I.e. Irish Coffee, Bailey's coffee, etc..) and they take the package. I'll peek in later today and see if I missed anything in the Park Cafe and report backfb74c46a7e49e21f8ad35b122710ee67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember the Park Cafe only having regular coffee but my memory could be off. Specialty coffee was available in the Cafe Promenade and the Vitality Spa Cafe. Then, of course, there is Starbucks which is not included in the drink packages.

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in but I've booked my first cruise and an considering a drinks package but wasn't sure what's included.

Could I get a latte to take away or do you have to drink in the café? Also with sodas, do they give you a re-useable cup to use or is it all paper cups?

Thanks.

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in but I've booked my first cruise and an considering a drinks package but wasn't sure what's included.

Could I get a latte to take away or do you have to drink in the café? Also with sodas, do they give you a re-useable cup to use or is it all paper cups?

Thanks.

Sure, you can get beverages to go with your package. The only restriction is one beverage at a time. All unlimited beverage packages include the special cup for soda.

I was on Allure in June and was able to get lattes at the Park Cafe. They did make specialty coffee. But, I'm not sure of the variety. I had the refreshment package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember the Park Cafe only having regular coffee but my memory could be off. Specialty coffee was available in the Cafe Promenade and the Vitality Spa Cafe. Then, of course, there is Starbucks which is not included in the drink packages.

You can get Specialty Coffee in Park Cafe too, it is made where the dessert cases are located. I only saw hot drinks, like lattes and mochas. I did not see a frapuccino ability but that could have changed since we sailed Oasis. They do make a really good mocha though.:D

So for clarification, are iced coffee drinks or those frappuccino type drinks offered with the drink packages at the cafe promenade or park cafe on oasis?

I did not see any cold specialty coffees offered at Park Cafe on Oasis. Cafe Promenade did have some iced specialty options, but they did not have the blenders for frappuccino type drinks when we sailed. They had put a fresh squeezed OJ machine there instead.

Thats all Park cafe had on Harmony when we were on 3 times last year.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

You can get Specialty Coffee in Park Cafe too, it is made where the dessert cases are located. I only saw hot drinks, like lattes and mochas. I did not see a frapuccino ability but that could have changed since we sailed Oasis. They do make a really good mocha though.:D

At least I was right about the part of "my memory could be off".:o

Even on the ships without freestyle machines?

Yes. It's possible that the cups provided on ships without Freestyle machines don't have the embedded RFID chip, but the cup is still useful for keeping the drinks colder.

• 2 weeks later...

These lattes mentioned in the Park Cafe - are they part of the regular package, or do we need to purchase a drink package? I also heard that some cruises, RCL offers drink cards with like 10 coffees or so? My wife and I drink a daily cup or two, but don't need Starbucks or anything special. 1 - is the regular coffee drinkable, or just watered down coffee; 2 - are there any restaurants, cafes that offer better tasting coffee, just not the upcharged Starbucks type. We drink McDonald's, Dunkin Donut, Krispy Kreme coffee and that suits our palate.

Thanks

These lattes mentioned in the Park Cafe - are they part of the regular package, or do we need to purchase a drink package? I also heard that some cruises, RCL offers drink cards with like 10 coffees or so? My wife and I drink a daily cup or two, but don't need Starbucks or anything special. 1 - is the regular coffee drinkable, or just watered down coffee; 2 - are there any restaurants, cafes that offer better tasting coffee, just not the upcharged Starbucks type. We drink McDonald's, Dunkin Donut, Krispy Kreme coffee and that suits our palate.

Thanks

Not quite sure what you mean by part of the regular package. Lattes and other specialty coffees are available for a fee, they are not one of the complimentary beverages available on the ship. Specialty coffees are available to buy individually, with a coffee card and are included in the refreshment and deluxe beverage packages.

Park Cafe has complimentary coffee that we found quite drinkable. Cafe promenade also has complimentary coffee that is good too. Windjammer coffee is hit or miss, main dining room tends to be a little better.

Unless you are super picky about your coffee or need a mocha like we do;p:D, you should be able to find drinkable coffee on the ship.

I also heard that some cruises, RCL offers drink cards with like 10 coffees or so?

You should be able to buy that in your planner - look toward the bottom of the beverage package page. $31+grats. Oh, and it's for 15 coffees - the 10 drink card is for alcoholic drinks and is only offered on board, but not all the time.

Thanks

I have never had watered down coffee on a cruise ship. Usually I have to dilute it with half and half to make it taste reasonably drinkable.