Does Carnival ever offer reduced deposits?

DTC

I know if you book with a CC group, you can get reduced deposit, but I'm under the assumption you can't book a specific state room. Maybe I'm wrong.

Princess is having an awesome sale right now where our family of 3 can book a cruise for 2011 and only put down $200, total, not pp. The only problem is that the cruise is $1000 more than a comparable one on Carnival. Just wondering, if in the past, Carnival has ever had reduced deposit specials???

I would love to get another one in the works. I like to have a lot to look forward to!!;)

Thanks

Even the group cruises sponsered by CC do not offer reduced deposits to solo cruisers. Never understood that. What difference does it make if someone is traveling with someone else or not? They are already getting up to twice as much from the solo cruiser.:mad:

If you book 5 cabins or more you can ask for a reduced deposit. They reduced ours to $50.00 per person with the rest being due 3 months later. It really helped with getting people to go having the lower deposit. $200 a person is pretty steep for some of our friends.

I have never seen Carnival offer reduced deposits.......I have however see RCCL offer this quite often with their wow sales as firefly mentioned........

Maybe check out RCCL sailings? Also as DTC mentioned Princess has some really great deals........

Good luck!

I like Carnival but I don't like their deposit policy. Wish it was less. I was doing some "exploratory" pricing for Nov 2010. Cruise would be $605 and they want $300 deposit! Another was $500 on a $1268 cruise. I think 25% would be a a fair amount for a deposit but 40-50% when booking so far out is more than I want to give Carnival for such a long period of time.

I did call Royal Caribbean this morning and was told that the deposit on a 7 day cruise was $250/pp. Same as Carnival. I'm sure they run specials on reduced deposits, as I've seen it, but apparently not right now.

Boy I wish that Princess cruise wasn't $1000 more, I'd really like to book it.:mad:

I did call Royal Caribbean this morning and was told that the deposit on a 7 day cruise was $250/pp. Same as Carnival. I'm sure they run specials on reduced deposits, as I've seen it, but apparently not right now.

Boy I wish that Princess cruise wasn't $1000 more, I'd really like to book it.:mad:

You are looking at 2011......you have plenty of time.....wait and watch for the sales.........

Yeah, 2011. Crazy I know, but I like to have vacations to look forward to.

I have until today to book the Princess if we want to......such decisions!!

Anyone have any bad stuff to say about Princess so I change my mind???:rolleyes:

Anyone have any bad stuff to say about Princess so I change my mind???:rolleyes:

Their cheeseburgers were pretty bad on the Sapphire!

Otherwise, no! :D (Though I had a great time they are not $1,000 better than Carnival for a similar itinerary however)

If you book 5 cabins or more you can ask for a reduced deposit. They reduced ours to $50.00 per person with the rest being due 3 months later. It really helped with getting people to go having the lower deposit. $200 a person is pretty steep for some of our friends.

So much misinformation.

Yeah, 2011. Crazy I know, but I like to have vacations to look forward to.

I have until today to book the Princess if we want to......such decisions!!

Which Princess ship? I have to say the Crown was my favorite cruise to date......

Share with me too! I would love to book a cruise now for Mar cuz the price is going up but dh doesnt get his "productivity check" until end of Nov. I have to make final pymt on Nov cruise soon so I dont have the $1250 dep for 5 people. Wish I knew a way to book it now for less and pay it off completely with his check. :rolleyes::confused:

Ok, my deadline is over, and ....................................

I didn't do it. Yes, it was the Crown and Carnival does have the same itinerary. I just couldn't justify the $1000 plus insurance price difference.

I'm going to email the other poster to find out the "secret" and I'll share!!;)

I didn't do it. Yes, it was the Crown and Carnival does have the same itinerary. I just couldn't justify the $1000 plus insurance price difference.

Cool...that is very kind of you!!! I too want to book a cruise but think the deposit is a lot at one time for Carnival to be holding....Thanks!!!:D

Tootsie

I will let you in on a little secret......Princess prices go up and down just like Carnival and I would be willing to bet if you wait you can get that crown waaay cheaper then that;) But I know you are in a hurry to book for 2011, so good luck on whatever you choose........

I'm waiting......very impatiently, might I add. I'm not set on Princess, I would prefer Carnival, but that $200 deposit, total for 3, was very enticing!! And you know they'll NEVER have another offer like that!! :rolleyes:

Archived