Really struggling on transport from Puerto Caldera after Panama/Costa Rica cruise

Londontraveller67

Hi

We are booked on a Windstar cruise that arrives into Puerto Caldera in January, and need to get to a hotel about two hours further north, near(ish) Liberia airport.

But we are struggling!

There seems to be no car rental place at Puerto Caldera, and I believe the rental depot that was at a hotel nearby has closed down.

Someone suggested Vamos Car Rental in San Jose that would bring a car out but they have said they only do a 7-day minimum rental in January.

Help!

Does anyone know of a car rental place that will deliver to Puerto Caldera, only has a 2 or 3 day minimum in January and will do a one-way drop off (for a fee of course) at Liberia airport?

Does Windstar offer transfers to Liberia? (I know they do to San Jose, but that doesn't really help us).

Or does anyone know of a reliable driver or car service in Costa Rica that would take us north from Puerto Caldera?

Many thanks for your help

We have been to CR many times. The Costa Ricans are extremely nice and honest. We have used driving services many times unfortunately I can't remember the names. If you google taxis/ driving services etc I am sure you will find one. I do not know what hotel in Liberia you are staying at perhaps they can give you a name. The Marriott did that for us in San Jose and for a very reasonable price they dropped us off at Puerto Caldera. Good Luck I wish I was more helpful but I wanted to let you know it is possible and not to worry. Happy Sailing.