Queen Elizabeth from above

ShipsInBergen

Yesterday the lovely Queen Elizabeth called into Bergen, Norway. I took the following photos as she sailed under the Askøy bridge during her departure from the city.

There's a full set on my hobby blog, for anyone who may be interested :):

http://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2017/08/queen-elizabeth-under-bridge.html

It's always fun seeing big ships sailing under the bridge; the top decks seem almost close enough to step down onto!

IMG_7293.JPG

IMG_7304.JPG

IMG_7327.JPG

Thanks for the photos! I also enjoyed the pictures on your blog. What a fantastic view from your garden!

Great photos. When I look out of my windows all I see is a row of houses and dustbins!!

This made me laugh! I'm lucky with the view from my garden, at least on the 2 days each year when it stops raining enough to go outside ;p

Fantastic! We are on board right now and we thoroughly enjoyed the sail away from Bergen [emoji851] my simple blog with a handful of photos is at: https://11adventures.wordpress.com/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a great blog! Thanks for sharing.

Were you up on the top decks during the sailaway? I have a bunch of extra photos taken from the bridge that I didn't add to the blog...you might be able to spot yourself onboard :)

I was up on deck, the bridge felt incredibly close as we passed underneath! I can't remember if I was wearing my bright pink coat at that time...

Do you remember roughly where you were standing? I can dig through the extra photos when I'm home this evening and see if I can spot you!

I was on the main Lido deck at the back, between the canopy and the stall selling champagne next to the pool :)

I've taken a look and unfortunately my shots of the Lido deck are very limited, so there are no candidates for spotting you in the area you describe. Hope you had a great trip though :D

• 2 weeks later...
A belated Welcome Home AllieBallie, I have just caught up with your blog. I really enjoyed it, your photos are wonderful.

Thank you Host Hattie. I was behind in updating the blog (mainly because we were too busy enjoying ourselves!) but I caught up on the journey home on Friday. It was a fabulous holiday and we now have a fresh collection of wonderful memories.

A belated Welcome Home AllieBallie, I have just caught up with your blog. I really enjoyed it, your photos are wonderful.

Agreed; your photos are wonderful AllieBallie! Just took another look at your blog and practically feel like I've been on a cruise myself :D