Foods Not to Eat at the Buffet

Hi there. I'm working on an article for Cruise Critic about foods to avoid at the buffet, and I figured I'd ask our awesome members for some input. Are there items you avoid? If so, what are they, and why do you avoid them? Thanks in advance!

Scrambled eggs at breakfast - I suppose the carton-eggs are just as healthy - but there is something about seeing your egg come out of its shell ... And then, of course, there are those incredible Brewers' yeast extracts which Brits and Aussies seem to go for ...... wow!!!

Carnival buffet.

Eggs Benedict. Day one...made correctly ...day two, made with turkey. Day three, made with hot dogs. Day four, left over prime rib. Day five..FRENCH FRIES!!!!! I kid you not. This was the Splendor 15 day cruise to Hawaii. Every day they had a different item in it. 😡

Hi there. I'm working on an article for Cruise Critic about foods to avoid at the buffet, and I figured I'd ask our awesome members for some input. Are there items you avoid? If so, what are they, and why do you avoid them? Thanks in advance!

all kind of meat except burgers

Please - there is no such thing. Bacon is defined as cured meat from the belly or back of a PIG.

Careless use of language could wind up with us being offered concepts like "barbecued broccoli ribs", or "non dairy butter".

Sadly, Turkey Bacon is a real thing as is Turkey sausage and get this.........Turkey Ham. ;p

Goes right along with Miracle whip is used as mayonnaise, and

the stuff in the tubs being called butter. Its the world we live in.

Sadly, Turkey Bacon is a real thing as is Turkey sausage and get this.........Turkey Ham. ;p

Goes right along with Miracle whip is used as mayonnaise, and

the stuff in the tubs being called butter. Its the world we live in.

Are you saying that "Turkey cured pig side or back meat " is real? Sure, you can make sausage out of anything - people have been doing that for years --- but for something to be bacon it comes from a pig.

Just because some glib advertising copy writer comes up with a way to scam the public you do not have to go along with a melting down of our language. Call the damn stuff what it is: artificially flavored chopped turkey remnants molded, artificially colored, and shaped into strips which resemble bacon.

If it is illegal to call carbonated white wine "champagne" just because it looks a bit like champagne, bacon should surely be given the same protection.

Not really, unless it's something I wouldn't normally eat. Like corned beef. Hate that stuff.

Usually, I find the food at the buffet to be just fine. Maybe not "special". For "special" there are other options. For "gosh, I'm hungry, let's go find something to eat", the buffet fits the bill.

There is so much to eat and so many choices, I deliberately avoid anything on the buffet that is something I often eat at home.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Please - there is no such thing. Bacon is defined as cured meat from the belly or back of a PIG.

Careless use of language could wind up with us being offered concepts like "barbecued broccoli ribs", or "non dairy butter".

"Non dairy butter" has been around for several decades. It's called "margarine".

I tend to avoid the bacon. It's usually greasy and limp. I prefer bacon that's been drained and is crispy. Some of the desserts can be hit or miss. The cookies are generally okay, but sometimes some of the cakes offered can be a little bland. If you ever see cake pops, those little round balls of iced cake on a stick, skip them. They're not very good.