Amex Offer: Spend $750+ on Booking, Get $225 Credit

joepeka

I noticed this offer on our American Express cards this morning and did not see it mentioned on this forum so I wanted to pass it along:

"Get a one-time $225 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $750+ on Regent Cruise sailings at rssc.com by 9/30/2017. Valid on cruise reservations only. See terms for exclusions."

The offer further states that telephone reservations to Regent as well as TA reservations are valid for the offer.

I noticed this offer on our American Express cards this morning and did not see it mentioned on this forum so I wanted to pass it along:

"Get a one-time $225 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $750+ on Regent Cruise sailings at rssc.com by 9/30/2017. Valid on cruise reservations only. See terms for exclusions."

The offer further states that telephone reservations to Regent as well as TA reservations are valid for the offer.

I have a final payment due in a few weeks; hopefully works on existing reservations too.

edited to add: Doesn't look like this offer is on any of my amex cards. :(

thanks,

Marc

I have a final payment due in a few weeks; hopefully works on existing reservations too.

edited to add: Doesn't look like this offer is on any of my amex cards. :(

thanks,

Marc

I have used a similar Amex offer multiple times on other cruise lines for existing reservations and it always worked. Sorry you didn't see it on your cards. :(

In recent iterations of these Amex offers, it seems most people are reporting that co-branded cards are not getting the offers. Not sure why.

Not sure about this benefit but the OBC offer by Amex is only for branded Amex Platinum card holders. It may be the same for this promotion. Amex is scrambling with promotions. It seems as if they are losing customers since raising their annual fee. We've been with Amex for years but have begun using the Chase Sapphire card and already booked free flights (and will not be renewing Amex).

Enrollment limited. Offer valid for reservations booked directly via rssc.com, phone at 1-844-473-4368 and travel agent only between 8/1/2017 and 9/30/2017. Excludes onboard purchases, gift order, Regent Choice shore excursions, transportation to and from the ship when not included in cruise fare, transactions made on third party sites. All transactions must be made in USD. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/30/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CHG7:0001

Greetings, joepeka. I have a Platinum AmX card and have not seen this offer yet. Where did you find it? To me, it reads that this applies to sailings that occur before 9/30/2017. I wonder if this is in addition to the $300 that come with all reservations made with my card. Thanks for any info.

Mary

Edited by warburg
Omitted word.

Greetings, joepeka. I have a Platinum AmX card and have not seen this offer yet. Where did you find it? To me, it reads that this applies to sailings that occur before 9/30/2017. I wonder if this is in addition to the $300 that come with all reservations made with my card. Thanks for any info.

Mary

Hi Mary, the offer was on my Platinum card as well as my Optima Platinum card. That 9/30/2017 date is when availability of the offer expires, the sailing to which you apply it does not have to occur before that date. Lastly, this is independent of the Amex Platinum CPP OBC so yes, it is in "addition" to that perk. You're welcome!

Edit: Sorry, I neglected to answer your initial question of "where did I find it?". When you logon to your card account with Amex, there is a section of your home page below your current card transactions labeled "Amex Offers and Benefits". By default it only shows you 5 to 6 of the many offers likely available but if you scroll further down and click the "View All" button, you will see all the offers available to add to that card.

Edited by joepeka

as with many offers, ymwv (Your mileage will vary). Those offers are targeted and will not show up for every card. For example, if you used your amex to book Regent in the past, you most likely will not see this...however, if you booked cruises with your amex before, but not Regent...you might.

All to entice spending :-)

as with many offers, ymwv (Your mileage will vary). Those offers are targeted and will not show up for every card. For example, if you used your amex to book Regent in the past, you most likely will not see this...however, if you booked cruises with your amex before, but not Regent...you might.

All to entice spending :-)

I have puzzled over Amex's data mining and targeted marketing approach with these offers and while your logic is certainly valid, I continue to receive offers for cruise lines that I have booked with many times. While it makes sense for them to try and steer cardmembers to new merchants in a line of business the cardmember has used previously, I've not found it to be true with these statement credit cruise line offers. FWIW. ;)

My DH had anAmex offer that would give him 10,000 Amex points if he booked a hotel through Amex Travle with a spend over a certain amount on his card. Since I had booked a hotel on my Amex Platinum card, he thought I should try to rebook with the offer. When I checked MY Amex offer, it was only for 7,500 Amex points - all the other terms were the same. They must know that he is more point senstive than me!

joepeka, may I assume that you have a "branded" Amex card?

We still have our card (until November) and am glad to know that their promotion has to do with Regent. They always seem to have specials for hotels, flights. As an aside, since we had saved Amex points over years and since we will be canceling the card, shoppers like myself can only imagine how much fun I had spending those points (on things that I would not typically purchase - not airline flights).

joepeka, may I assume that you have a "branded" Amex card?

We still have our card (until November) and am glad to know that their promotion has to do with Regent. They always seem to have specials for hotels, flights. As an aside, since we had saved Amex points over years and since we will be canceling the card, shoppers like myself can only imagine how much fun I had spending those points (on things that I would not typically purchase - not airline flights).

Hello. No I do not have a co-branded Amex card - just a straightforward Platinum card as well as an Optima Platinum card (the Optima is a legacy thing - Amex doesn't offer those any longer but those cardmembers that have them can keep them).

Hello. No I do not have a co-branded Amex card - just a straightforward Platinum card as well as an Optima Platinum card (the Optima is a legacy thing - Amex doesn't offer those any longer but those cardmembers that have them can keep them).

Gosh - you reminded me of the Optima card. Maybe I should have saved mine. Our Amex card is also straightforward Platinum. We got the card originally for the onboard credits (and Dom Perignon champagne on Silversea) and knew that these benefits only worked with the straightforward Amex card. Nowadays, Amex is not giving us OBC's for Regent when we get OBC's from the consortium that our TA belongs to (they no longer combine benefits). Also, Chase Sapphire has a reasonable amount of insurance which made it quite appealing!

Gosh - you reminded me of the Optima card. Maybe I should have saved mine. Our Amex card is also straightforward Platinum. We got the card originally for the onboard credits (and Dom Perignon champagne on Silversea) and knew that these benefits only worked with the straightforward Amex card. Nowadays, Amex is not giving us OBC's for Regent when we get OBC's from the consortium that our TA belongs to (they no longer combine benefits). Also, Chase Sapphire has a reasonable amount of insurance which made it quite appealing!

True, the Amex Platinum Cruise Privileges perks are seldom combine-able with any other offers although I seem to recall one of the other cruise lines does allow combining of their military OBC benefit with the Amex CPP.

Thank you for the alert on this possible credit. Spoke with AMEX, apparently targeted to certain cardholders, been Platinum for 33 years, my card not "targeted" -- will use the our Chase Sapphire for new Regent booking tomorrow.

R.

Thank you for the alert on this possible credit. Spoke with AMEX, apparently targeted to certain cardholders, been Platinum for 33 years, my card not "targeted" -- will use the our Chase Sapphire for new Regent booking tomorrow.

R.

R.

Greetings from South Beach, mesamis. I, too, am an AmX Platinum cardholder. Although we didn't get that promotion, we did get $250 added to our OBC when I saw it as an inducement to sign on to our upcoming already booked December 8th voyage. However, I like the double Membership Rewards points we earn for booking the entire cruise with AmX, The OBC and special wine tasting don't hurt, either. I also have the Chase Sapphire card, but for travel I prefer the Chase Sapphire Preferred because it doesn't add an additional 3% transaction fee on foreign transactions. AmX Plat. and our Capital One cards don't either. When traveling anywhere outside of the US, we only carry cards from that group.

Mary