Amber Cove

DADDYOFTHE7SEAZ

I've read plenty of Amber Cove reviews and still can't find what I'm looking for. Here's my question. I would like to split time between seeing some of Puerta Plata and spending time at AC Cruise Port. In port from 9am-4pm. Is there like a can't miss type thing I could maybe do till around noon then return to port area. Would like to stay in Port area the whole time but can't travel so far just to get off the ship and walk a few hundred yards without seeing more. Cable car seems like a maybe or some type of waterfalls, but some in my party can't swim so maybe that eliminates waterfalls. Doing Forts in San Juan. Just looking for a way to kill a few hours in Puerta Plata before returning to Port to enjoy that part.

We just picked up a tour right outside the port--taxi tour for the two of us was about $30. We added the cable car for $8 each.

There was not much walking involved unless you wanted to. City tour, amber place, stopped along the esplanade, central square, fort, etc. He was flexible so if you wanted to spend more time or go somewhere different, we could have.

Our ship was only in port until 2. We still had a couple of hours left to spend at Amber Cove itself, which was enough for us.

I couldn't believe all the info I got when I Googled Amber Cove.

One site had Carnival's prices and I couldn't believe how high they ALL were! haven't taken a ship's tour in years- usually can find same tour with a local !